Need Help with Monoblock two piece wheels on 2019 PP1

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hi. Has anyone installed 19" Forged Monoblock Two piece wheels on a 2019 GT PP1 with Front Brembo brake calipers? Will they work and clear the calipers? Thanks again for your help.
Doug
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Be specific - which exact wheel?

Are they monoblock or two-piece? Monoblock means one-piece BTW

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Be specific - which exact wheel?

Are they monoblock or two-piece? Monoblock means one-piece BTW
They can be pretty much any T6061 Monoblock two piece Actual Forged wheels. I am thinking about BC Forged Monoblock HC50 wheels

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They can be pretty much any T6061 Monoblock two piece Actual Forged wheels. I am thinking about BC Forged Monoblock HC50 wheels
No they can't be any wheel. Every wheel has it's own unique geometry. Wheel A can fit, and wheel B can't not even if they are the same size and have the same offset. In particular for brake clearance (offset pretty well covers fender & strut clearance).

But if the manufacturer doesn't know what "monoblock" means, I would avoid them.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I would call Paul at PK Auto Design, as he's a BC dealer and knows the S550 platform well.

The HC050 is a forged two-piece and NOT monoblock btw.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
No they can't be any wheel. Every wheel has it's own unique geometry. Wheel A can fit, and wheel B can't not even if they are the same size and have the same offset. In particular for brake clearance (offset pretty well covers fender & strut clearance).

But if the manufacturer doesn't know what "monoblock" means, I would avoid them.
Thanks. The Term Forged Monoblock is meant as all pieces of the wheel are made from one actual Forged T6061 Monoblock stock. The term Flow Forming, Flow Forged, Forged Hybrid are not machined forged from a One piece of T6061 Forged aluminum. The terms they use are desceptive just saying. Thanks for your help

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
BC Forged knows what monoblock means. They have it in the description at the top of the website page. OP doesn't know what he's talking about.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
BC Forged knows what monoblock means. They have it in the description at the top of the website page. OP doesn't know what he's talking about.
Absolutely. I am going with BC Forged Wheels. Thanks

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks. The Term Forged Monoblock is meant as all pieces of the wheel are made from one actual Forged T6061 Monoblock stock. The term Flow Forming, Flow Forged, Forged Hybrid are not machined forged from a One piece of T6061 Forged aluminum. The terms they use are desceptive just saying. Thanks for your help
You are absolutely incorrect.

Forged monoblock is not meant as all pieces of the wheel, It is meant that as a 1 piece forged wheel. As in the wheel was forged from a single piece of aluminum.

2 piece and 3 piece wheels do not have forged aluminum barrels. Only the center (face) is forged. The barrels of multi piece wheels are spun from sheet.

I've never seen a fully forged multi piece wheel as forging a barrel isn't feasible (at least not easily). This may exist somewhere, but 99 % of multi piece wheels, including BC Forged, are not fully forged. I am not saying there is anything wrong with this. It is just how they are made.

Even though you are using big technical terms here, it really makes you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about which you clearly don't.

I have no idea why you even brought up flow formed wheels in to this either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You are absolutely incorrect.

Forged monoblock is not meant as all pieces of the wheel, It is meant that as a 1 piece forged wheel. As in the wheel was forged from a single piece of aluminum.

2 piece and 3 piece wheels do not have forged aluminum barrels. Only the center (face) is forged. The barrels of multi piece wheels are spun from sheet.

I've never seen a fully forged multi piece wheel as forging a barrel isn't feasible (at least not easily). This may exist somewhere, but 99 % of multi piece wheels, including BC Forged, are not fully forged. I am not saying there is anything wrong with this. It is just how they are made.

Even though you are using big technical terms here, it really makes you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about which you clearly don't.

I have no idea why you even brought up flow formed wheels in to this either.
Dude, Take a deep breath. I know exactly what I said. Stop replying. Give it a break.