Sponsored

Need help with Lugs on R with Project 6GR Wheels

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
I have seen bits in other threads but haven't seen an answer yet. First with my stock wheels, I would like to have black Lugs. What are my options? Second, I just bought R spec Project 6GR wheels for my R and want black lugs and don't want the studs to show. What are my options for those? Thanks :thumbsup:
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Lots of answers on the forum, it has been beaten to death, just do a search at the top.

Can't hide them with the 6GR wheels. There is no solution.

Edit: For the stock wheels, most seem to be using those Gorilla nuts that have been linked below. I personally think the chrome ones look more racy somehow though :cheers:

Last edited:

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
There are some ideas here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86742&highlight=Lug+N4S

Longer closed lug nuts on eBay that others have used and that I'll be ordering. The issue for the R is the longer (3") studs protrude a bit in the NFS wheels. I liked the look on my GT3, but may try the stacked and linger nuts on my N4S wheels as well for street duty.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I have seen bits in other threads but haven't seen an answer yet. First with my stock wheels, I would like to have black Lugs. What are my options? Second, I just bought R spec Project 6GR wheels for my R and want black lugs and don't want the studs to show. What are my options for those? Thanks :thumbsup:
Hi Wooly,

I put these on my R right after I got it and 1500+ miles with them installed I have had no issues. Also had them dipped in Ceramic Pro 9H no issues there.

Black Gorilla lug nuts:
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96643bdx/overview/

I use my CF wheels only (got tire/wheel warranty) so sorry I cannot help with the other question.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Although not related specifically to the R lugs, the following may be helpful to those who search for "6GR lugs" - like I did.

When I ordered the 6GR 5 spoke wheels for my GT350, I ordered the chrome lugs. The wheels came shipped with the black lugs, so I contacted N4S, who said they would 2 day ship the chrome ones.

I received the tracking info which said the lugs would be delivered in a week, so I decided to mount the wheels using the black lugs until the chrome ones arrived. Today, I began swapping out the black lugs for the chrome.

PSA: Black finish on the lugs is garbage. On each lug, the finish is scratch away where the socket made contact, and on the seating surface. Looks like they are just cheaply painted chrome lugs. I wouldn't recommend them. I torqued them to 140 lb-ft.

Just verified (didn't have my glasses previously) - they are cheaply painted chrome lugs.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Didn't we do all of this in the other thread?

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

The solution doesn't get much better. This is as good as it gets or just use your CF wheels

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Didn't we do all of this in the other thread?

picture.jpg

The solution doesn't get much better. This is as good as it gets or just use your CF wheels
Tom I love that R...would it more with the CF rims and splitter installed however! :tsk:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not to detract from the thread, but I have a tow hook coming. Anyone who has installed a tow hook knows that the splitter and belly pan need to be removed.

I don't want to install a splitter to just remove it.

As for the wheels, why subject cf wheels to road debris or hazards? Really, it happens and would be a waste.
Sponsored