Need help with finding the Fair Purchase Price for my build on KBB

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I recently placed an order for a 2022 mustang from my dealership. It’s a 2022 grabber blue Ecoboost (not premium), ebony interior, with the black accent package, high equipment package (101A), and active exhaust. No other packages or added features. No high performance package - I know in the past that these features weren’t offered on Ecoboosts unless you were getting a HPP, but I was able to build it that way on the ford website myself and the dealership was able to order it for me too.

Where i run into an issue on KBB is when entering these specs - it still tells me I have to select the HPP which adds $6150 to the price of the car. This is not what I’m getting in my build. Does anyone know if I’m missing anything? Or can anyone tell me the Fair Purchase Price for this exact vehicle setup that I’m ordering?
Thanks so much in advance!! :)

7759CDF4-B020-4318-84A0-F7F0FBEFCA33.jpeg

image.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don't have an answer for you, but am curious that if you already ordered and are buying a brand new car, why run it through KBB after the fact?

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I don't have an answer for you, but am curious that if you already ordered and are buying a brand new car, why run it through KBB after the fact?
The Price and financing hasn’t been finalized yet. I only put a $100 deposit on it so it’s mine if I want it when it comes in - but me actually taking it is contingent on them giving me a good price. At the moment it’s priced out at the MSRP, they’re not charging me extra but I’m curious how that compares to the actual fair purchase price

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
The Price and financing hasn’t been finalized yet. I only put a $100 deposit on it so it’s mine if I want it when it comes in - but me actually taking it is contingent on them giving me a good price. At the moment it’s priced out at the MSRP, they’re not charging me extra but I’m curious how that compares to the actual fair purchase price
You are completely over thinking this. First off make sure you can get your car. If it is MSRP take it and move on. If they choose to not sell it to you when it comes in realize they will sell it for more than MSRP once it is on the ground.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Generally MSRP is a good deal right now. Unless you're prepared to order from a high volume dealer and fly to pick it up, it will be hard to beat MSRP. This is true across multiple manufacturers.
Congrats on the order though!

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Being from Jersey you are fairly close to Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA. They will order you one for 3% below invoice. Shoot, I’m in NC and ordered from them recently. I can pay to get it transported here and still save a ton. Customer retains rebates.

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
You are completely over thinking this. First off make sure you can get your car. If it is MSRP take it and move on. If they choose to not sell it to you when it comes in realize they will sell it for more than MSRP once it is on the ground.
So one of the reasons I’m looking into this so much is because I’m in the middle of a lemon law claim with ford. The dealership that sold me my current lemon is offering to buy back my car when the new one comes in, but the new one understandly costs more than my current car and they’re not doing much to compensate me for the hassle I’ve had with my current car since day 1. I signed the documents for the build as it was priced at MSRP, and the sales manager said once the car comes in, there may be other offers and incentives to get the price down so that it more closely matches my current payments. In the meantime, I’m trying to see what else I can find or show them to get the price down more. It’s a very complex situation which is why I’m trying to check out every avenue I can.

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Generally MSRP is a good deal right now. Unless you're prepared to order from a high volume dealer and fly to pick it up, it will be hard to beat MSRP. This is true across multiple manufacturers.
Congrats on the order though!
Thank you! I did order from a huge dealership in NY, possibly the biggest. But they’re honestly terrible to do business with so I don’t trust them, especially when they suddenly tell me they want to work with me and help me out - after having to threaten them with a lawsuit and attorneys for almost an entire year haha
Being from Jersey you are fairly close to Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA. They will order you one for 3% below invoice. Shoot, I’m in NC and ordered from them recently. I can pay to get it transported here and still save a ton. Customer retains rebates.

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/
thank you!! I’m going to contact them :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thank you! I did order from a huge dealership in NY, possibly the biggest. But they’re honestly terrible to do business with so I don’t trust them, especially when they suddenly tell me they want to work with me and help me out - after having to threaten them with a lawsuit and attorneys for almost an entire year haha

thank you!! I’m going to contact them :)
KBB is broken. I tried NADA. Here you go.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2022/Ford/Mustang/EcoBoost-Fastback/Pricing
Sponsored