Need help with clutch selection for 2020 GT pp1

JoeA.5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT pp1 6 speed
Hey guys, I drive a PP1 2020 Mustang GT 6 speed and I am currently getting an Idea of which clutch best suits me. They car is mainly stock as of right now and I don't plan to add boost anytime as it is my daily driver. What do you guys recommend for just a DD n/a car with some once and while spirited and hard driving? Thanks
Sponsored

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Hey guys, I drive a PP1 2020 Mustang GT 6 speed and I am currently getting an Idea of which clutch best suits me. They car is mainly stock as of right now and I don't plan to add boost anytime as it is my daily driver. What do you guys recommend for just a DD n/a car with some once and while spirited and hard driving? Thanks

Hey Joe! So if you are just going to be using this as a daily drive and aren't going to be putting too much power in to it, I would recommend doing a Lethal Performance LPX, or a McLeod RST. They are both rated for up to 800HP, so they will suit you just fine, and it will give you some room to add some power in the future as well. If you have any inquiries, just let me know!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Personally I'd keep it stock if your not boosting it. The 18up twin disc holds up pretty well (at least it did for me). I'd go back to a stock one if I wasn't boosted.

OP
OP

JoeA.5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT pp1 6 speed
Hey Joe! So if you are just going to be using this as a daily drive and aren't going to be putting too much power in to it, I would recommend doing a Lethal Performance LPX, or a McLeod RST. They are both rated for up to 800HP, so they will suit you just fine, and it will give you some room to add some power in the future as well. If you have any inquiries, just let me know!
Sweet thanks. Does the LPX have a lighter clutch pedal as stated for the RST? Definitely would like something lighter but its not something Im overly concerned of.

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Sweet thanks. Does the LPX have a lighter clutch pedal as stated for the RST? Definitely would like something lighter but its not something Im overly concerned of.
It would be about the same yes. The LPX has a few more benefits to it as well, like, Kevlar facing. The kevlar facing has much smoother engagement, and low coefficient of friction, meaning, it help prevent any excess wear on the other components. Also, with the Kevlar, it has a 50% longer life span than organic facing.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles on your current clutch?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just under 10k. The clutch is perfectly fine but Im still looking for one just to have. Plus I bought it used so Idk how the previous owner drived it.
By the way,
Welcome to the Forum.