Need help with buying new 2019 Mustang GT Premium

Jayy24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
HONDA
I’m interested in purchasing a brand new 2019 Mustang GT premium with performance package,401A package and auto transmission. I went in to this one Ford Dealer and they had one with pretty much everything I want plus more. However MSRP was around 52K. They said that’s the best that they can do and with everything rolled in, out the door price was 59K. I’m interested in this vehicle I seen at this other dealer.
Here is the link.
https://www.losangelesford.com/inve...8CF0K5202448/2019-Ford-Mustang-North-Hills-Ca

What is a good number that I can offer on this car? I’m in LA so tax is a bit of a bummer.
Sponsored

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You need to shop around. Use Autotrader and search for new Mustangs in dealerships within 100 miles of your area. Hungry dealers post on Autotrader. I got the best deal on my 18 GT- found it on Autotrader and got lucky- the dealer was the closest one to me. Sometimes you have to travel further though. I once bought a Mazdaspeed 3 brand new from a dealer 100 miles away. they even delivered it on a flat bed for me.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
You will probably have to pay CA tax to register the car no matter where you buy it, the dealer has no say in this. You could check X-plan (join Mustang club, some waiting period) or Costco pricing, they may save some $$$.

OP
OP

Jayy24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
HONDA
With your help, I actually found one that has what I wanted but it is in Atlanta.
Here is the link

https://www.nalleyford.com/new/Ford...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

How should I go about trying to purchase this mustang here. Should I try and get my dealer to do a trade? Considering it’s a good deal, should I try and knock more off or get the Costco membership? Really appreciate the help guys.

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Call the dealership and ask for fleet sales....

There is no reason they shouldn't come 5K or more off sticker on that car.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
With your help, I actually found one that has what I wanted but it is in Atlanta.
Here is the link

https://www.nalleyford.com/new/Ford...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

How should I go about trying to purchase this mustang here. Should I try and get my dealer to do a trade? Considering it’s a good deal, should I try and knock more off or get the Costco membership? Really appreciate the help guys.
Are you trading in? If not, easy. Negotiate the entire deal through EMAIL. Once you got the numbers and everything in writing, fly out there to complete it. From there you have 2 options: 1) Cross country drive it back, or trailer it yourself OR 2) pay a reputable and insured transport company to ship it, which would cost around $1k. Obviously do the math, if with the flight/accommodations you are still saving a couple thousand, it's wroth it and you get a little trip out of the deal.

Otherwise, Expand your search within 1-2 states of you and do the same, that way you can do a one way flight, and drive back a lot easier. Good luck!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the link

They have a beautiful 2018 lightening blue Roush jackhammer I liked for $61k but it was too far away and their dealer ratings weren't too confidence inspiring for a long distance purchase. But not a bad deal for a blower kit, 1000+ hp half shafts, upgraded leather seats, Coil overs, upgraded rims and tires, Roush exhaust, front end, spoiler, and a 5 year warranty on all of it.

https://www.nalleyford.com/new/Ford...+Atlanta-987890000a0e0ae9564bf6945aca575e.htm

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I’m interested in purchasing a brand new 2019 Mustang GT premium with performance package,401A package and auto transmission. I went in to this one Ford Dealer and they had one with pretty much everything I want plus more. However MSRP was around 52K. They said that’s the best that they can do and with everything rolled in, out the door price was 59K. I’m interested in this vehicle I seen at this other dealer.
Here is the link.
https://www.losangelesford.com/inve...8CF0K5202448/2019-Ford-Mustang-North-Hills-Ca

What is a good number that I can offer on this car? I’m in LA so tax is a bit of a bummer.
I would never buy from Galpin. They think they are doing you a huge favor by simply being willing to sell you a car.

Shop in the IE - Check out Sunrise, Fontana - no reason you can't get way under invoice on a car on the lot.

OP
OP

Jayy24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
HONDA
What about having it made and then talking them down to that price? Maybe even a little more?

Sponsored

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
Here is the link.

I plugged what you are looking for (GT Premium, 401A, PP1, 10AT) into KBB.com. It showed the MSRP as $46K. Are there additional packages or options on this one (Safe/Smart, etc...)? Once you have that, run it in KBB.com and have it calculate the fair purchase price. That will INCLUDE destination, but not TTL. Not sure how bad the conditions are in Cali, but I would target that price in your negotiations and see what kind of response you get. You may need to counter offer up a bit.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't help with your specific price question, but for general shopping (and locating cars that had the options I wanted) this inventory search was useful. You can use the checkboxes on the left side to filter the results based on color, options, etc. There seem to be lots of PP1 cars with 401A and automatic:

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mustang/results?zipcode=90036&Radius=50&Order=Distance

Link for just 401A Automatics:
https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mus...smission=selectshift_automatic&Order=Distance

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
However MSRP was around 52K. What is a good number that I can offer on this car? I’m in LA so tax is a bit of a bummer.
Based on my recent purchase, at MSRP of $52K, invoice is probably $2,700 lower and holdback is $1,500 off that. Then rebates. Most dealers won't give holdback, but it also depends on how long car has been on their lot. And remember that advertised prices sometimes remove $1,095 destination charge, then add it back in at the end, and they include all rebates, even those your not eligible fo which could be $1,500. Good luck!

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My car was 53k MSRP and I got OTD at 46k and with taxes for Texas it was 49K with 23K down.
Sponsored