Sponsored

Need help with 2016 Mustang GT Premium factory amp wiring???

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2016 Mustang Premium GTPP. I did a search and I also looked at the sticky thread with the wiring diagrams but I can't figure out the wiring. It doesn't seem like the wiring diagram for the stereo in the sticky thread matches the colors of the wires on my stock amp in the drivers side kick panel. Here is a picture, heck, maybe it's not even the amp??? Anyhow, I bought Posi-Taps and I want to pull a preamp signal from the wiring going from the head unit to the amp. Specifically, I want to tap into the rear speaker preamp outputs where they enter the stock amp. Can someone tell me if I'm looking at the right "component" and which 4 wires are for the rear speaker preamp signals? Thanks in advance guys, I'd greatly appreciate any help! Almost forgot, I do NOT have bliss or the rear subwoofer, just the nine speaker shaker stereo.

--Tom
IMG_1252.JPG
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, this is the amp.
No, you don't want to tap in there as the stock wires are really thin.
Use a CARAV 12-240 for that. This T-harness plugs in behind the ACM (that is the radio with CD player integrated thing behind the bezel in the dash).
This way you don't have to cut/splice/solder any wires of the stock wiring, but instead do all this on the T-harness which is then between the ACM and the plug that usually plugs in into the ACM.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Yes, this is the amp.
No, you don't want to tap in there as the stock wires are really thin.
Use a CARAV 12-240 for that. This T-harness plugs in behind the ACM (that is the radio with CD player integrated thing behind the bezel in the dash).
This way you don't have to cut/splice/solder any wires of the stock wiring, but instead do all this on the T-harness which is then between the ACM and the plug that usually plugs in into the ACM.
Does the CARAV 12-240 work with the base model radio or the premium? I couldn't find any information. Their site just states "select models". Will this T-harness connect all pins from the ACM through to the amp so that the existing amp and speakers will all still function as before? Thanks!

Does anyone else have experience with the CARAV 12-240 T-harness?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Does the CARAV 12-240 work with the base model radio or the premium? I couldn't find any information. Their site just states "select models". Will this T-harness connect all pins from the ACM through to the amp so that the existing amp and speakers will all still function as before? Thanks!

Does anyone else have experience with the CARAV 12-240 T-harness?
The CARAV 12-240 has iso connectors that when connected route all possible cables from the ACM to the original connector 1:1. So it would be like it's not there.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
FYI, the black connector is the speaker wires out to speakers. I had a Tesla head unit but needed to run audio to the speakers. I ran speaker wire from amp in trunk and tapped into those wires. Then unplugged the connector. Then top tweeters plug into the brown connector but you need to leave that plugged in because the other wires are being used. I have since installed a Sync3 and used the FOR-11CK harness. This allows you to get a signal, then run to the speakers. I would use the FOR-11CK instead of tapping into the speaker wires on the amp.

My only issue is will this still use the stock amp on top of my aftermarket amp? I haven't finished install yet so I'm not sure.
Sponsored