Sponsored

Need help' not sure what I have or what to get!

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hello,
I just moved back to Japan for work and took delivery of one of the last 2015 Ecoboost Mustangs that Ford Japan had in stock. It's basically the same as the European model and has the 50th anniversary and performance packages.

I had a 2015 Ecoboost with premium shaker (sub in the trunk) back home in the US. The sound wasn't the best, but it was way better than what I have now.

So, I think I want to do a simple speaker replacement to get better sound in my new car. I just don't know exactly what I have and what I'll need.

First, how do you know if you have a 6 or 9 speaker system?

Second, what would be the best bang for the buck? I don't really want to do a complete system with amp because I don't have many tools or a good place to take the car apart here...

I was thinking just the door and rear deck speakers.
I imagine I'll need some metra wire adapters and possibly the Metra 82-5605 ring adapters for the doors? I also heard that somebody offers a head unit update that removes signal processing and makes the speakers sound better? That's interesting, but I'd be a little worried because I have Japanese Navigation as part of my Sync unit. I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

Can anybody give me some advise?

Also, any good speaker recommendations?
Sponsored