Need help! Messed up my active exhaust tips

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
yeah they should just add fabricated bent pipes welded to enter each tip.

Did you also get the gap fixed above the valance? it looks like clips might not be fully seated?
Nah, haven't had chance to discuss that.

Maybe that's as good as it can get? It's not OEM and I wasn't expecting perfection. Seems pretty sturdy though.

I want to explore getting the whole OEM exhaust if that's our last resort (hopefully shop owner makes it right). Anyone know where I can get it and cost?
Sponsored

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Where is the valance from?? I assure you its just not fully seated. I bet it fits like a glove. as for having a pipe welded in to fill it, you wont be able to have it tight fitting as the exhaust will move and the tips wont. Otherwise you will get some serious metal to metal vibration. Im sure they can fab up something and possibly weld it on at an angle from the muffler to inside the tip. I still think I would spray the mufflers flat blk as well

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Where is the valance from?? I assure you its just not fully seated. I bet it fits like a glove. as for having a pipe welded in to fill it, you wont be able to have it tight fitting as the exhaust will move and the tips wont. Otherwise you will get some serious metal to metal vibration. Im sure they can fab up something and possibly weld it on at an angle from the muffler to inside the tip. I still think I would spray the mufflers flat blk as well
Its from Ikon. Ill ask about valance. Do you know if Ford sells these OEM if case it has to go that route?

Last edited:

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see members offering a few possible solutions.
I am looking forward to the completed solution for this.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Duct tape and bondo. I'm half kidding. Ask the shop for their suggestion since you're their customer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice to see members offering a few possible solutions.
I am looking forward to the completed solution for this.
So thankful! The shop owner said he will make it right. I'll report back. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
So thankful! The shop owner said he will make it right. I'll report back. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.
How did it turn out? Any pics to post?
Sponsored