Sponsored

Need help dealer curbed my rim

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I hate for someone to loose a job over this but they have agreed to replace the wheel.

BTW the car was in for a charging issue and they determined that they need to replace the ECU. They asked me if the ECU was ever flashed b/c if it was they were going to void the warranty. Thank god I never tuned the car, yikes.

Yeah I want my original wheel back as well.
Sounds like they are doing the right thing with regards to the wheel. Just FYI - I had a buddy curb his rear wheel and he purchased one from here:

https://detroitwheelandtire.com/

Turned out great and it was much, much cheaper than what dealers sell for (even Autonation WBL). Not sure if he got a refurb or a new one.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
They not only curbed it - but looks like he then decided to grind it along the curb for a while for good measure. Maybe he was trying to even it up and hoped it would be less conspicuous. These Michelin tires have a pretty good rubber rim that sticks out a little past the wheel - but apparently it doesn't do much good.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
If they give you your old wheel on top of the new one, I would be interested in buying the old one at a reasonable price. Could have that wheel narrowed and make a matching spare tire out of it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I hate for someone to loose a job over this but they have agreed to replace the wheel.

BTW the car was in for a charging issue and they determined that they need to replace the ECU. They asked me if the ECU was ever flashed b/c if it was they were going to void the warranty. Thank god I never tuned the car, yikes.

Yeah I want my original wheel back as well.
I remember you were toying with the idea of an E 85 tune. Glad you didn't do it.

Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Because of this thread I went to fordparts to lookup how much they cost and they are $963 a piece?!?! That's a lot! At least it's a lot for a 30+ pound wheel?

20 lb forged wheels cost the same? surely that can't be right:)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah exactly they straight up told me they would void my warranty if I had tuned the car. Be careful guys !
Yep. If I want a boost over 93, I'll pony up for race fuel at the track. No void there.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Because of this thread I went to fordparts to lookup how much they cost and they are $963 a piece?!?! That's a lot! At least it's a lot for a 30+ pound wheel?

20 lb forged wheels cost the same? surely that can't be right:)
Stock wheels are almost always more expensive than aftermarket. Unless you're looking at very high end aftermarket.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Oh hell no! Fuck that, get a new wheel. I would even be worried about my alignment, that thing really hit the curb hard. At a minimum I would want a new wheel and a printout of the alignment specs. Those fucksticks.

If they don't comply PM me their number, I will call them saying I'm representing you and would like to know the best address to send the court summons and required initial paperwork. See how fast they comply.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Oh hell no! Fuck that, get a new wheel. I would even be worried about my alignment, that thing really hit the curb hard. At a minimum I would want a new wheel and a printout of the alignment specs. Those fucksticks.

If they don't comply PM me their number, I will call them saying I'm representing you and would like to know the best address to send the court summons and required initial paperwork. See how fast they comply.
Thanks I didn't even think about the alignment. I will make them do that. So far they've been doing the right thing. I will let you know if I need an angry letter!

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Totally understand your frustration and no doubt it will get replaced. It may take a bit but everything has a solution and this is a no brainer. Actually, the size of the scrape works in your advantage.

Remind them that you understand shit happens but these are the opportunities for them to set themselves apart from the "other guys". If they replace it quickly and offer you two free oil changes then not only will it be resolved but you will undoubtedly let others know that they chose to do the right thing. It's just common sense and good business.