Sponsored

Need Help Buying & Choosing a Borla Exhaust- We are here to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
We are doing a weekend update every week now where we talk about news, featured brands and other cool stuff.

In this weekend's post we discussed and featured Borla. If you want a deal on any exhaust in this video call our office at 505-672-8112

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is really cool video, the exploded view was a nice touch. Though I have to ask, why after the cats? I know it likely has a lot to do with how Ford manufactured the exhaust and the placement of the cats and how much easier it would be to put a cutout after the cats. But if we are talking performance (which is about the only reason I can reasonably see installing a cutout), after that cat is far from optimal. In fact, I would argue it would be pretty much useless (in terms of gains vs effort/cost) if you had a Borla catback and arguably better than getting a catback.

Though bypassing the cat for track use would be rather significant. More often than not folks have demonstrated how much removing the cats on an otherwise stock exhaust gains. Putting a cutout before the cat (for track use only of course ;) ) would give you the option of staying street legal all the way to the track with the ability to instantly unleashing fiery ponies at the flick of a switch.

Would doing a precat cutout be tough? Heck yeah. Aside from the fact that you have to figure out how to bypass the gasses without burning stuff up, you would need to create a way to reconnect the catalytic converter when one side is connected to the exhaust manifold. But it would be a great way to demonstrate the usefulness of a pneumatic actuator as that area would be hot as blazes and would almost surely burn up an electric motor quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.