Sponsored

NEED HELP & ADVICE ON TUNING/MAPPING MY CAR PLEASE!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I am contemplating tuning my car with help of a UK professional Ford tuner, but this shall be his first Mustang so we kind of need some pointers of what to aim for please. :)

Car spec:
V8 GT PP UK Manual
CAI: Stock with panel filter
Exhaust: Corsa sport catback
Fuel: Shell Vpower 99 (Octane 94)

Our plan is to start with a canned SCT Octane 93 tune for a stock GT PP Manual. Based on running the panel filter, Corsa catback and Octane 94 what ignition and other parameters should we aim for and tune.

We have a day on the dyno to perfect and datalog things but as there is so much experience on these forums it would be great to get some pointers if possible please.

For reference the car made 415BHP and 400lb/ft on the Ford factory map and we shall take a new baseline on the day we do the tuning and then once dialled in re-run for a true comparison. The figures shall be flywheel being an EU/UK Maha dyno. :)
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hi there

I am contemplating tuning my car with help of a UK professional Ford tuner, but this shall be his first Mustang so we kind of need some pointers of what to aim for please. :)

Car spec:
V8 GT PP UK Manual
CAI: Stock with panel filter
Exhaust: Corsa sport catback
Fuel: Shell Vpower 99 (Octane 94)

Our plan is to start with a canned SCT Octane 93 tune for a stock GT PP Manual. Based on running the panel filter, Corsa catback and Octane 94 what ignition and other parameters should we aim for and tune.

We have a day on the dyno to perfect and datalog things but as there is so much experience on these forums it would be great to get some pointers if possible please.

For reference the car made 415BHP and 400lb/ft on the Ford factory map and we shall take a new baseline on the day we do the tuning and then once dialled in re-run for a true comparison. The figures shall be flywheel being an EU/UK Maha dyno. :)
if you need to ask what he needs to do to tune the car, run as fast as you can,

you have a ton of great options like our lund custom tune, that can do what you need via email and be done, with tons of experience

why be the guinea pig for someone........

if you have the sct already, our lund tune is $200 and tune, and updates as you make mod changes are no charge

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lura20fomucu.html

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you need to ask what he needs to do to tune the car, run as fast as you can,

you have a ton of great options like our lund custom tune, that can do what you need via email and be done, with tons of experience

why be the guinea pig for someone........

if you have the sct already, our lund tune is $200 and tune, and updates as you make mod changes are no charge

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lura20fomucu.html

I see your point but were working from an SCT canned tune and this guy writes ECU programmes for Ford EU/UK so he is not a noob and the question was any pointers you guys can give.

He has not asked me to do this by the way because like you say he knows his stuff but I thought it might just be helpful.

No worries though if its too much hassle.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I see your point but were working from an SCT canned tune and this guy writes ECU programmes for Ford EU/UK so he is not a noob and the question was any pointers you guys can give.

He has not asked me to do this by the way because like you say he knows his stuff but I thought it might just be helpful.

No worries though if its too much hassle.
if he uses sct software, it will be no different than tuning any other car.

but again, if he has never tuned one of these cars, i would highly suggesting going with a known reputable tuner and be done with it.

whether it's our lund tune or not

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if he uses sct software, it will be no different than tuning any other car.

but again, if he has never tuned one of these cars, i would highly suggesting going with a known reputable tuner and be done with it.

whether it's our lund tune or not

Fair enough, will give the SCT tune a try (its FREE) and if I feel I want more or not happy with the drive Lund can hook me up.

One question though based on my car what should my ignition target as I hear people on these forums speaking of 24-26, what is this? This is me asking, a person who knows ZERO about tuning a cars ECU.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fair enough, will give the SCT tune a try (its FREE) and if I feel I want more or not happy with the drive Lund can hook me up.

One question though based on my car what should my ignition target as I hear people on these forums speaking of 24-26, what is this? This is me asking, a person who knows ZERO about tuning a cars ECU.
24-26 is degrees of timing advance. Should work for your car too, but optimal will be determined on the dyno

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gibbo205