Need guidence on rotating driveshaft/wheels while car is on lift

wrh3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Whenever I have run a car in gear on jack stands, for various reasons, I always have back up jack stands under the car and my small/light wife in the driver seat so she can take action in an emergency. No issues so far.....YMMV.
Sponsored

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The car was never tracked or driven close to the limit. I dont understand how the rotors wohld be warped? How can I confirm?

The noise is present even without braking at those speeds but when I gently touch the brake pedal, I can feel it too.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The car was never tracked or driven close to the limit. I dont understand how the rotors wohld be warped? How can I confirm?

The noise is present even without braking at those speeds but when I gently touch the brake pedal, I can feel it too.
What I would do, to eliminate this, just re-bed the pads to the rotors. Find a place where you can do a few threshold braking exercises 5 or a little more 80mph-5mph cycles (do not stop the car completely) then drive around without touching the brakes or engaging the ebrake. If it gets better after this it might be brakes related if not you go to the next idea.

extrachrispy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red w/black OTT, conv. pkg.

As described in the stoptech link posted earlier in the thread, it's unlikely that it's warped rotors; however, it could be pad deposits baked on to the rotor. You get those if you make a hard stop and leave your foot on the brake, clamping the pads to the hot rotor. The way to easily avoid this is to scrub most of your speed in advance of where you need to stop, let off the brake a moment, and then finish coming to a stop. That gives the rotor a moment to cool from its peak temperature, making it less likely that you'll bake a layer of the pads to it.
Sponsored