Sponsored

need car cover for '19 GT

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
So I ordered a NOAH cover on 12/17/20. It will be delivered 2/5/21 from Calcover...6 weeks.
We'll see how it goes.

I've had both the Superweave HP and the HD. Covers were always secured with bungee cords front, back, middle. After 2 years with the HP and 2 years with the HD, I do have what I call paint damage namely, buff marks from the vertical seams.

MAYBE the NOAH will be better, if not I'll only use the covers on calm (<8mph) days....which are rare.

And yes, I'm anal :)
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is my ā€˜19 GT PP2 under a Coverceaft NOAH cover. I think it fits pretty good. The front is loose in part due to the fact that I just sneaked the battery charger and did not put it back as perfect as I should . The rear also has the additional hold down behind the rear tire. I did not reinstall the front yet. That adds some pull down to it all

E0BB7728-ECCC-4C7D-A9A0-A0A0C4C60A16.jpeg
B9632A2A-E9C3-440E-A4B7-0354EB71EE45.jpeg

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Who sells top quality car covers for '19 GT? Have to leave car outside while work is done in garage. Seeing therapist soon.
Get a Coverking I have a silver plus on all my cars. They are waterproof and hold up great even in the sun all day.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Taking a contrary note, leave it uncovered, keep it clean / waxed, and consider a ceramic coating.

Having a cover continually touching and moving against the paint will leave marks or buff spots unless you obsessively remove it whenever the wind is blowing.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Taking a contrary note, leave it uncovered, keep it clean / waxed, and consider a ceramic coating.

Having a cover continually touching and moving against the paint will leave marks or buff spots unless you obsessively remove it whenever the wind is blowing.
I have a buddy who places microfiber towels down under the cover to protect the paint. His cars are classics and off the frame restorations ... and live in the garage. Not sure if the microfiber will help or not.

Sponsored

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Slightly off topic but I know to never cover a motorcycle if youā€™re trailering it. The cover will flap no matter how tight you think it is. A buddy did that before I could tell him and the rub marks were horrible. A whole lot of paint correction fixed it thankfully.

My point is, donā€™t let the cover flap.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually I think you have the right idea. Just maybe use the cover for UV protection on sunny/calm/pollen days. Other than that, take it off. Covers are a PITA especially when you/ I install 3 bungees for hold downs all the time.

I do have a ceramic coating on my car and it's great. Half the time I just rinse the car off with a hose and dry it with a micro-fibre towel.

Of course Calcover.com does say to take the cover off in wind exceeding 20 mph.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Actually I think you have the right idea. Just maybe use the cover for UV protection on sunny/calm/pollen days. Other than that, take it off. Covers are a PITA especially when you/ I install 3 bungees for hold downs all the time.

I do have a ceramic coating on my car and it's great. Half the time I just rinse the car off with a hose and dry it with a micro-fibre towel.

Of course Calcover.com does say to take the cover off in wind exceeding 20 mph.
Covercraft does too.

With the snow we just got, I made sure the cover did not move. I piled a bunch of snow on it!!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both the Superweave HP and the HD. Covers were always secured with bungee cords front, back, middle. After 2 years with the HP and 2 years with the HD, I do have what I call paint damage namely, buff marks from the vertical seams.
And that's why I use painters plastic.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a Calcover indoor stretch cover. I WISH an outdoor cover would fit like this. Most do not.
When I say glove fit, this is what I'm talking about. Pic not a Mustang. Any guesses?? I think it's some BMW model

Car Cover.jpg

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a buddy who places microfiber towels down under the cover to protect the paint. His cars are classics and off the frame restorations ... and live in the garage. Not sure if the microfiber will help or not.
Oh, if they're in a garage, a cover is fine, if not recommended, for long term storage. It's when they're outside with the cover chafing against the paint every time the wind blows that they cause problems.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soo, I guess I'm lucky. I have a NOAH cover coming on 2/5. Turns out this might be the last one ever made as the NOAH product has now been discontinued. Not on Covercraft, not on Calcover.com. I wonder why???

Try to google it ???

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
NOAH by Covercraft gets my vote

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is a Calcover indoor stretch cover. I WISH an outdoor cover would fit like this. Most do not.
When I say glove fit, this is what I'm talking about. Pic not a Mustang. Any guesses?? I think it's some BMW model

Car Cover.jpg
I am willing to bet that cover is an indoor only cover. I say this because I'll bet they can use more stretchy fabric indoors to get that fit. All they are looking to do is keep the car clean. When was the last time you saw any waterproof barrier be able to stretch? By the nature of the material, I would believe the fiber cannot. I would think if they did, it would create varying pore sizes and allow water to pass is my guess defeating the purpose.

I wonder if the UV protection would change between a relaxed fabric versus a stretched one. I would believe some cover a car outdoors to protect against UV exposure. They are looking to reduce paint fade or plastic damage.

Not sure if that fit is capable in an outdoor product.

I also wonder when there is more contact if the rubbing from wind would be more since the cover can stretch with gusts. With a looser fit, I wonder if allowing it to puff reduces contact keeping marring to a minimum. Do not know. Not sure this is necessarily in their manufacturing process or not. I'll bet they did what they could with the low stretch fabrics they had.

If the fabric is low stretch, I wonder if the extra fabric is simply necessary in order to be able to get the cover over the compound curves of the car.

I have a PP2 with the extra front splitter. I wonder if they would need to make a different cover in order to get over that if it fit as tight as that. I also wonder if it is one cover that works for all spoilers offered by the manufacturer. Clearly there are higher spoilers than what my PP2 has.

Would it be cost effective to make such a specific product in this price category? I only paid $212.32 from Jegs (Christmas Sale) for my NOAH.

I am sure there has to be some give and take.

Last edited:

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am willing to bet that cover is an indoor only cover. I say this because I'll bet they can use more stretchy fabric indoors to get that fit. All they are looking to do is keep the car clean. When was the last time you saw any waterproof barrier be able to stretch? By the nature of the material, I would believe the fiber cannot. I would think if they did, it would create varying pore sizes and allow water to pass is my guess defeating the purpose.

I wonder if the UV protection would change between a relaxed fabric versus a stretched one. I would believe some cover a car outdoors to protect against UV exposure. They are looking to reduce paint fade or plastic damage.

Not sure if that fit is capable in an outdoor product.

I also wonder when there is more contact if the rubbing from wind would be more since the cover can stretch with gusts. With a looser fit, I wonder if allowing it to puff reduces contact keeping marring to a minimum. Do not know. Not sure this is necessarily in their manufacturing process or not. I'll bet they did what they could with the low stretch fabrics they had.

If the fabric is low stretch, I wonder if the extra fabric is simply necessary in order to be able to get the cover over the compound curves of the car.

I have a PP2 with the extra front splitter. I wonder if they would need to make a different cover in order to get over that if it fit as tight as that. I also wonder if it is one cover that works for all spoilers offered by the manufacturer. Clearly there are higher spoilers than what my PP2 has.

Would it be cost effective to make such a specific product in this price category? I only paid $212.32 from Jegs (Christmas Sale) for my NOAH.

I am sure there has to be some give and

Car Cover.jpg
In

Car Cover.jpg
Fly2High.......if you read my above comment I did mention that this IS an "INDOOR" cover. :wink:
Your thoughts on indoor vs outdoor cover construction seem cogent to me.
Sponsored

Last edited: