• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Need advice: routing subwoofer power through firewall

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Hi all. I'm getting ready to install a subwoofer on my GT Premium, and it'll be the first time I'm doing such a thing.

I know the power cable needs to be routed through the firewall and connected to the battery, but I have not been able to find a solid video yet for a 2024 model that shows how to route the cable through the firewall. (I found a great one for a 2023 that routes it through a grommet behind the passenger-side wheel well, but not sure if that's the same for 2024.)

Is there anyone who has done this who has some pictures and advice to share?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Here you go, I just popped a quick hole and grommet, don’t be reckless with the drill… there’s wires on the other side.
Pull back passenger carpet and it’s right there, easily route back to the trunk.
S650 Mustang Need advice: routing subwoofer power through firewall IMG_1468
S650 Mustang Need advice: routing subwoofer power through firewall IMG_1458
S650 Mustang Need advice: routing subwoofer power through firewall IMG_1457

OP
OP
DCBuckeye

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Awesome, thanks. So you lifted the battery out and drilled below that black plastic housing. Pretty sure I've got a metal drill bit for that size, would just need to order a pack of grommets.

silex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am looking into adding a sub of the all-in-one variety (amp & sub in one enclosure). Where do I pull the audio from? If I have the factory sub in the trunk can I splice audio from there?

OP
OP
DCBuckeye

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I'm definitely in no position to vouch for it, but check the link to the video in my op. It shows how to tap into the wiring harness at the back. If you have the factory subwoofer, there is also a great thread on here from someone in a similar situation who did a full install, but I imagine the tap would be the same.
Sponsored