Sponsored

Need advice on when to change break in oil

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
I change my oil on all my brand new cars at 500 miles. Then I go every 3000. It's Just my thing. My toy cars get a once a year oil change since they usually only see 500-1000 miles a year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dom418

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Awesome guys I appreciate the guidance. CR was purchased new btw. It sat in the showroom for 1 year before I purchased it last Feb. my concern was simply the age of the oil

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
so glad I ran into this thread. My car was delivered with 6 miles on it. I dropped it off for PPF film and haven't gotten it back yet. I plan on putting it away for the winter as soon as I get it back....... it will probably have 50 miles on it by the time I get it home.

I was starting to overthink the hell out of this oil change before winter storage topic. I'll let it sit with the factory oil till next spring.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Woah. Interesting. Everyone busted his balls pretty hard, but it actually was a pretty good consolidation of info.
Yep! Good buddy of mine. W/0 notice his helpful thread (2nd of many articles to come) was pulled. He reported facts as known re: oil topics relating to our GT350.
Was told he must pay mo. fee as a vendor.
Avg. guy with substantial effort trying to further our understanding, knowledge, appreciation of car he loves AND knows well. Not a salesman .... a true car enthusiast with selfless, tireless work promoting the Ford community.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Funny. There was just what in my opinion was a pretty good oil thread that was designed to answer these basic questions. Needed some tweaking, but overall good consolidation of a lot of basic info. Disappeared...
Woah. Interesting. Everyone busted his balls pretty hard, but it actually was a pretty good consolidation of info.
Just Mustang6G extorting money from me for providing non-monetized content to the community. All my posts were pulled down without a single message from an administrator, just the below banner at the top of the site when logged in. Pretty sad that I am not selling a single thing but I have to pay to post on a forum. Shows a lot about the agenda of the people running this forum, it's about money not the community.

"Dear The Sound Of Voodoo,

Welcome to Mustang6G! In order to take advantage of our commercial marketplace in the world’s largest online community of 2015+ Ford Mustang S550 owners and enthusiasts, we require that all vendors sign up for one of our sponsorship subscription plans.

A sponsorship subscription is needed to have a commercial username, advertise, promote or discuss your company and products (current or future). This applies to public posts and private messages.

Please visit the Mustang6G Sponsorship Page for more information and click on the "Subscribe" buttons at the bottom of each plan.

Note that all vendor accounts not tied to an active sponsorship plan are restricted from posting or private messaging.

If you have any questions you can always email us.

We look forward to partnering with you!"

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Not to start a debate, but the oil early on has lots of contaminates. Me, personally, I'd change my initial oil at a few hundred miles.
That's what I was thinking just in case some shavings get past the filter after it gets broke in a bit but I'm not a mechanic. I did however create a new thread asking when to change, weight I should use and when I can first really go full throttle pedal to the floor

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I change my oil on all my brand new cars at 500 miles. Then I go every 3000. It's Just my thing. My toy cars get a once a year oil change since they usually only see 500-1000 miles a year.
That’s crazy, you should consider doing an oil change every 250 miles and 6 months to be double triple safe. I mean oil is so hygroscopic I wouldn’t trust it sitting in there really for more than 3-4 months in a humid environment. This is if you are using full synthetic obviously, bc if using mineral oil I would consider a more aggressive schedule, maybe every 1-4 weeks and 150 miles. It’s not like oil use is bad for the environment or anything, and hey, it’s cheap insurance! No need to listen to the on board computer they calculates revs and time and other factors to tell you precisely when to change the oil still with 25%+ safety margin build in.

/s

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
That’s crazy, you should consider doing an oil change every 250 miles and 6 months to be double triple safe. I mean oil is so hygroscopic I wouldn’t trust it sitting in there really for more than 3-4 months in a humid environment. This is if you are using full synthetic obviously, bc if using mineral oil I would consider a more aggressive schedule, maybe every 1-4 weeks and 150 miles. It’s not like oil use is bad for the environment or anything, and hey, it’s cheap insurance! No need to listen to the on board computer they calculates revs and time and other factors to tell you precisely when to change the oil still with 25%+ safety margin build in.

/s
Not understanding why you would post such a jackass reply? I simply stated that I change the factory oil out of my brand new cars at 500 miles and then go every 3000. Our daily drivers only see 6000 miles a year since I work so close to home and the wife works from the house. You can spend your money how you wish and I'll do the same.

Last edited:

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Not understanding why you would post such a jackass reply? I simply stated that I change the factory oil out of my brand new cars at 500 miles and then go every 3000. You can spend your money how you wish and I'll do the same.
Get used to it if you plan on being a regular on this forum.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Well that's unfortunate.
where in IL? Trying to talk to more people around me for next year (cars n coffee, super car satrudays etc etc)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just a waste of $ and environmental harm to change it earlier than the Conservative computer says to. But people want to live like it’s 1975 oil technology and do it anyway.

Oh please with the "environmental harm" already.

All the hot air spewed, does more damage to it. Then I could do if I dumped every oil change in my back yard.

tex929rr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not understanding why you would post such a jackass reply? I simply stated that I change the factory oil out of my brand new cars at 500 miles and then go every 3000. Our daily drivers only see 6000 miles a year since I work so close to home and the wife works from the house. You can spend your money how you wish and I'll do the same.
I think your sarcasm meter needs calibration.
Sponsored