Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Happy New Year to you all! Looking for your advice. 🤓

I currently have a convertible that I daily drive and have absolutely loved for the past 7 years that I owned it but have come around to wanting a coupe as I don't drive much with the top down any more. In the last year I have narrowed down my choices to two models that I think I would like but can't seem to decide which would be the better option, so I would like to know your thoughts please! They are #1 a used 2015-2020 GT350 with the technology package with say average mileage (30k-50k miles) or #2 a new/used with low mileage fully loaded GT premium 401A.

I think I am just caught up in a situation where I want a nice daily driver coupe and NOT a weekend toy/track car as I already have my viper for that. I've driven both cars and enjoy them both. Obviously a GT350 from the earlier years is slightly more than a later year GT, but not by much so the price delta isn't really a concern. The running costs don't seem to be that big of a jump either from the 5.0L to the 5.2L either. I am stuck on this decision because it will be my designated daily driver and yes, I do realize that this is probably an issue most do not have. Haha.

If there are folks out there that daily drive a GT350 with the tech pack I would really like your opinion on this. Logically my mind goes to a GT Premium for a daily driver... but the temptation for a GT350 is real. Thank you for your thoughts! 🤟
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
For a true DD I'd be concerned about the VooDoo. The one I drove felt pretty buzzy and that vibration means more maintenance.

If you like a nice tight car the GT will need suspension mods.

I'd probably go with the GT350 and I'd have a predator engine ready to go in if it needed it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
agree, $1500 for extended year/mileage driveline warranty if you go for the GT350.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 2020 350. As much as I love it, I would not want to daily it. Constantly dragging the splitter, manual transmission, and after getting rid of the Cup 2’s, she still makes me nervous in the rain.

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Since you have a Viper, I think the GT would be a nice change. But, you can daily drive anything you choose to. I daily drove a 95 Viper for 2 years, even in the snow. Everyone said I was nuts and I proved them right! Side curtains are a bitch in the winter.

Sponsored

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
TL;DR, biased 350 owner that says go with a (low mileage) 350.

I have a 2020 350, Tech package, and I daily drive mine sometimes 30 up to 75 miles a day. I'm using titanium bolts to mitigate issues with the front spoiler scraping the ground, parking curbs, etc. I'm using all season tires (in Texas), and I use the snow/wet drive mode in the rain (as long as it's light rain). I don't drive it in heavy rain, snow or ice (rare occurrence in Texas). I also have the extended warranty so I'm not concerned about future mechanical issues. I had a couple of issues that were resolved under warranty. To summarize, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased the car and will continue to enjoy what it offers. My vote is for the 350 (low mileage).

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
TL;DR, biased 350 owner that says go with a (low mileage) 350.

I have a 2020 350, Tech package, and I daily drive mine sometimes 30 up to 75 miles a day. I'm using titanium bolts to mitigate issues with the front spoiler scraping the ground, parking curbs, etc. I'm using all season tires (in Texas), and I use the snow/wet drive mode in the rain (as long as it's light rain). I don't drive it in heavy rain, snow or ice (rare occurrence in Texas). I also have the extended warranty so I'm not concerned about future mechanical issues. I had a couple of issues that were resolved under warranty. To summarize, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased the car and will continue to enjoy what it offers. My vote is for the 350 (low mileage).
Thanks for sharing your experience! With Colorado being so crazy with weather I would run actual snow tires year round. Probably sounds insane but I do it for my convertible and it is fantastic. Now for the ground clearance, I guess I didn't notice that much of a difference on the test drives that I did. If it is significantly lower than the standard car, I would probably try to find a way to raise the front end a bit for daily use... but at that point I'm sure the costs would add up and it would be wise to just stick with a standard mustang? I know it can be insanely difficult to make a track car practical.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.....I want a nice daily driver coupe and NOT a weekend toy/track car........Logically my mind goes to a GT Premium for a daily driver... but the temptation for a GT350 is real.....
You're at odds with yourself there buddy.

Gotta decide what you really want, then the question will answer itself.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For a Daily? GT as its more reliable and cheaper to maintain.

If you want more fun later get the Ford Performance Power Pack, and the FP Magneride handling kit. At that point you'll be close enough to a GT350 in performance you'd likely need to be a regular track-rat to really notice

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
You're at odds with yourself there buddy.

Gotta decide what you really want, then the question will answer itself.
Are you a parent?

My dad literally said the same thing to me. 🤣 It doesn't make the decision any easier.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Warranties are great and all, but parts avail. and having a vehicle down waiting on them when it is your daily can be an issue. As long as you have a back up plan for when it is down, either one. but if your back up plan is a rental. I'd skip the gt350 and go with the more belly button gt

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
One easy way to raise the car is to get taller tires.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If you get the GT will you constantly wish you had a GT350?

That happened with me and motorcycles. I love HD and everytime I had another brand I always wished it was a HD. Didn't matter if the other brand was "better" or not. Something about a 45 degree V twin that is in my blood.