Sponsored

Need advice - buying a used Bullitt

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Awesome and be sure to go into the settings and have the Rev Matching on. This is a huge fun factor to the car snd ask the owner if it’s on and if not ask him to show you how to turn it on. And make sure he shows you the different drive modes which Sport IMO is the over all best and activate the exhaust note as well. Congrats on your purchase and I have a few as well:)
FBE027E2-05C7-4358-A1A1-5E145EF132D0.jpeg
11F57EA6-8494-4C48-8E07-A6DD239BEA20.jpeg
GG, can I live in your garage? I'll make sure the cars stay clean and get properly moved.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
But I would still prefer to talk to a human and make sure everything is in order.
I haven't read through all of the above, but have you spoken to the loan officer at the BoA branch where you're planning to do this? It's likely not his first rodeo and they likely have a process.

On a side note, must be nice to live in a state where they'll issue temporary tags.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
I haven't read through all of the above, but have you spoken to the loan officer at the BoA branch where you're planning to do this? It's likely not his first rodeo and they likely have a process.

On a side note, must be nice to live in a state where they'll issue temporary tags.
i called both BoA and our county tag office.

BoA said, come to the branch pay off the loan. Get Bill of sale notarized etc
Title will be mailed to be original owner. Then original owner has to hand it to you.
They are not involved in playing the role of a middle man.
Time involved is approximately 21 business days

Tag office said the following:
It’s a 2 step process.
You need to get-
1. Bill of Sale
2. Current recent emissions document (we do this), probably not applicable here as the car is a 2019 model
3. Proof of it under our insurance coverage. I called insurance company already got updated quote (it only goes up by like $10)

Then, in step 2
Bring all paperwork.
They will give you a 30day, 1 time extension to wait on the title from seller. Seller must give you title once released to them. You bring title in and finish everything.

30 day temp tag vs 21 days to get title to original owner...hmmm..cutting too close and that makes me nervous.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
GG, can I live in your garage? I'll make sure the cars stay clean and get properly moved.
IceAge please adopt me lol
I make yummy cheesecake and pumpkin pie. 😎👍🏼

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't like that the title is going to get mailed to the original owner, but what BofA said makes sense, unfortunately. You shouldn't have any issues with the signed paperwork, proof of payment, and having a good impression of the seller. In my personal case, I wouldn't even consider a used vehicle without clear title on hand, but people do it all the time. Good luck, brother.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don't like that the title is going to get mailed to the original owner, but what BofA said makes sense, unfortunately. You shouldn't have any issues with the signed paperwork, proof of payment, and having a good impression of the seller. In my personal case, I wouldn't even consider a used vehicle without clear title on hand, but people do it all the time. Good luck, brother.
ive bought and sold many cars (and motorcycles) this way. I would have no issue with the title being mailed to the original owner. Obviously the most ideal situation is the lienholder sends you the title when its paid off..but that usually isn't the case. The bill of sale signed and notarized protects the buyer and the seller. Both should have a copy. As long as you have that document, of them stating they sold you the car, it doesn't matter if they have the title or not.

I do understand it doesn't really give a good feeling in the stomach though lol

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
ive bought and sold many cars (and motorcycles) this way. I would have no issue with the title being mailed to the original owner. Obviously the most ideal situation is the lienholder sends you the title when its paid off..but that usually isn't the case. The bill of sale signed and notarized protects the buyer and the seller. Both should have a copy. As long as you have that document, of them stating they sold you the car, it doesn't matter if they have the title or not.

I do understand it doesn't really give a good feeling in the stomach though lol
I also managed to get original payment processing slips from BoA also.
Had long drive home (about 36 miles). Stalled on 2nd once in the parking lot..but besides that it was a ok drive. I haven't driven a manual in 20 years :(
I sure need that clutch pedal extension thing (I am only 5 10)

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Had long drive home (about 36 miles). Stalled on 2nd once in the parking lot..but besides that it was a ok drive. I haven't driven a manual in 20 years :(
stalling happens sometimes, especially after 20 years. the mustang is a hell of a car to get back into manual with! hope you love it.

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm surprised you think you need something like that as I'm 5' 10" and don't have an issue. Make sure you are using the telescoping/tilt wheel adjustment (lever under the steering column) to push the wheel in towards the dash allowing you to move your seat forward. A Steeda clutch spring may help you with clutch feel.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Congratulations!

I’m 5’7” you just need to get your steering wheel and seat right.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Congratulations!

I’m 5’7” you just need to get your steering wheel and seat right.
Hah, thanks, I haven't even thought about the steering wheel adjustment yet. I'm 6" and usually sit fine in any type of vehicle but that may make it even better.
Sponsored