Sponsored

Need a replacement one-piece lower radiator hose!

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I installed the Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit a little over a month ago.

Oil Cooler Kit.jpeg

As I was inspecting my car for my next track day (this Saturday!), I noticed that the one-piece lower radiator hose from the kit has come into contact with the alternator pully/belt and has left a small notch in the radiator hose. I'm assuming the contact only happens during certain driving conditions as it doesn't come into contact at rest (there is space between the hose and belt/pully at rest).

To resolve the clearance issue, I've loosened up the upper hose clamp and "clocked" the upper part of the hose clockwise a little to increase the clearance.

The notch is small and might not ever become an issue, but I want to replace it ASAP. The issue is that I can't seem to find a replacement one-piece lower radiator hose! I still have the bag the "Lower Coolant Hose" came in which lists the P/N: Mishimoto 4292BE

Lower Coolant Hose Label.jpeg

I'm trying to contact Mishimoto (phone and web but no response yet) to try and order a new one as I can't find that part number on their web site...

I've also tried to find any other supplier who might make a one-piece lower radiator hose for a 2018 5.0 but have come up empty.

Does anyone know of another supplier who makes this? I know eventually I should be able to get a new one from Mishimoto, but surely someone other than Mishimoto makes a one-piece hose... right?

Thanks for any leads!
Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I would say the seller of the kit would have them

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, working on that. It just sucks to have a single supplier for a radiator hose. Looking for more options...

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
oe hose for a gt350 is what you need

Sponsored

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Perfect! Thank you, sir!!

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I went with the Motorcraft KM5357 GT350 hose suggested by @mech94. It's out of stock on a lot of sites as well as my local Ford dealers (they stated the part is on backorder).​
But, it turns out RockAuto had it in stock and I received it yesterday.​
I really like that it's a Ford part and has the factory hose clamps instead of the worm-drive clamps that came with the Mishimoto kit. Installed it today and it fits perfectly.​
Sponsored