Sponsored

Need a Cheap Truck

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So, love my Mustang. Ain't getting rid of it... but I need to have a truck on the side for occasional use. It's been awhile since I looked at trucks, and wtf? Everything is pricey as f*ck.

All I want is a decent crew cab (no reverse doors) pickup that isn't too ancient, or run up past 150k miles, and doesn't look like complete sh*t. Don't need the most powerful motor, or any doodads. Just a truck that can fit 4 people and a load of crap in the bed.

Browsing around autotrader and the usual suspects results in pretty much anything that meets those requirements being well over $15k, most over $20k. And don't even get me started on new trucks. Not even gonna touch that.

Sooooo... I'm thinking maybe I'm not putting in good search parameters. Maybe selecting the wrong trucks, or the wrong configurations. No brand loyalty on this. Don't give a f*ck about that.

Any suggestions for year range, make/model, etc...?
Sponsored

Sda3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Performance Pack GT Premium
I just picked up a ranger with 137k on it for $700. Its old, 98 actually. But the motor and trans are solid and it only needs minor work to do daily duty. You can find good deals, look at your local craigslist.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I had the same need and went with a 96 bronco. Good, full size broncos are getting rarer these days and a little pricier than they used to be though, but still not bad.

Course, if you really want the cargo space of a pick up, it wouldn't be a fit.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Where are you located? My brother has a nice F150 he's looking to sell in NY.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I have done the same kind of lurking for a used truck. Basically, you are either going to pay a good price for something that is in good shape, or you are going to find something with a ton of miles on it. What are your requirements besides crew cab?

Do you need 4WD?, Price range? Most miles on the vehicle you would consider?

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I've been in the market for a used truck for daily use as well. Most of what you are you looking at is at least $25k. There are a ton for 13+ Silverado quad cabs with under 50k under $30. Anything under $20k usually has over 100k.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I've been in the market for a used truck for daily use as well. Most of what you are you looking at is at least $25k. There are a ton for 13+ Silverado quad cabs with under 50k under $30. Anything under $20k usually has over 100k.
Thats true ^

I just got done looking on eBay. Pretty much anything under 15K has a minimum of 150K on the clock already.
Sponsored