Sponsored

Necessary to Clock the suspension with Steeda “ Minimum Drop Springs”?

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Last edited:

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I did it when doing BMR min drop just for the peace of mind that it was done. Have had it lowered for over 10k and no issues

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We had a customer just install these springs & Rod provided the following feedback in that conversation to aid our customer:

Quick question… I just was reading about installing my springs and dampers, and came across a very long thread online about clocking the bushings. There seems to be a debate about whether or not this is even needed for the minimal drop springs. Rather than rely on the internet “experts”, I figured it would be better to just ask the real experts… Steeda.

So… for my setup, do I have to clock my bushings or not?

From our Steeda Team:

When working on any suspension pivot point with a OE-type rubber bushing, the bolts should be left loose and final tightening should be done with the car resting on the tires.

OP
OP
2016S550

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the replies. I cannot do it properly on ramps and will have to find a reputable shop or facility in South East Virginia- Hampton Roads.

Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the replies. I cannot do it properly on ramps and will have to find a reputable shop or facility in South East Virginia- Hampton Roads.
I did mine on a drive in lift at Yorktown CG station if you have access. After I do more suspension work I’ll be taking it to All Aspects in Chesapeake for alignment. I’ve read good things about them and they will align to yours specs just not in the “green”

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I will say it was a pain….after lowering I had a quick alignment done at a local place which was fine and so far everything is good after 10k. If I were to do it again I would have gone to All Aspects and have the alignment and clock the bushings done all in one place.

OP
OP
2016S550

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I will say it was a pain….after lowering I had a quick alignment done at a local place which was fine and so far everything is good after 10k. If I were to do it again I would have gone to All Aspects and have the alignment and clock the bushings done all in one place.
Exactly what I was looking for, a good suspension shop. I do not mind paying for good hard work. Thanks!