Sponsored

Navy scuttles sailors' enlisted rating titles in huge career shake-up

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Some commands have physical USB port blocks, some don't. Last I knew it was a command-level decision.

I can't count how many booters on the ships in San Diego we make nearly piss themselves aver a verbal lashing when we found their devices plugged into the USB ports on the classified machines. We also got a more than a couple people fired from their positions. Chiefs, JO's, even a couple Skippers (true story).
I forgot that we do have some enabled usb now.... although, heck, no one puts anything on unclass systems. I have yet to hear of it anyway.

But I work with a lot of smart people (mba and above).... and repetitive training. By the time a new person touches a computer, they have had four training sessions. Mostly I think people are scared for their jobs... no fall back plan if they are booted...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I forgot that we do have some enabled usb now.... although, heck, no one puts anything on unclass systems. I have yet to hear of it anyway.

But I work with a lot of smart people (mba and above).... and repetitive training. By the time a new person touches a computer, they have had four training sessions. Mostly I think people are scared for their jobs... no fall back plan if they are booted...
Smart people are the worst, sadly.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Does HBSS actually work now? :D
It's all in the details. If you configure it correctly, which my program does, yes, it works. If you're just installing it and running it out of the box? Well, I'm not touching that one.

We have a couple of really good HBSS guys that write policies for our systems and ship them up to the CND Afloat guys, and we have zero problems. Unfortunately, the helpdesk that supports our system is CONSTANTLY blaming HBSS for each and every issue they see, right or wrong.

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You can plug things into your SIPR box? That is crazy... ours are locked down... although an admin can enable usb for mouse/keyboard.
You can't, but that doesn't mean the USB ports aren't there. If admins haven't done their due diligence, or aren't using correct HBSS policies...

JR
Sponsored