Sponsored

NAV finds wrong position for address in Chicago (~1 mile off)

Dominik2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominik
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboos Coupe
Hello

I have issues with my navigation system: if I enter (for example) 1419 W Taylor St, Chicago, the navigation system would bring me to an address far more west on Taylor Street in Chicago (estimated 1 mile more west, but not sure - I never measured it)
I am not sure, if it is also off in north-south direction (never experienced this), but in east-west, it was not the first time to be off for an address xxx W yyy Street

The location of the car is always shown correct on the map, and I don't experience this issue in the suburbs, up to now only in Chicago

2017 Mustang Ecoboost Coupe
Sync 3 3.0.19205
maps: NA 1 19

Any one of you an idea for this?

Thank you!
Dominik
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Is this all addresses in the area or just on a particular street? Many times, the gps has to “guess” the location of a house number on newer roads/newer houses so it can be a little off. The same occurs with Google/Apple Maps as well.
However, if this is consistent on all addresses in a particular area, there could be something wrong with your map file.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can adjust your car's nav location, like zero it in, but not sure if you need the secret engineering menu for that or not. Typically you should be able to fix it directly, and instructions should be included in the owner's manual. Check it. But before touching anything, I'd make sure nav is off everywhere, not just one address. Good luck.

OP
OP

Dominik2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominik
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboos Coupe
I did a master reset, but it is still off. The last address was in the suburbs, was also off about 250 yards
how does it work do adjust the car's nav location - and do I really need this? the position of my car is shown correct on the screen

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Hello

I have issues with my navigation system: if I enter (for example) 1419 W Taylor St, Chicago, the navigation system would bring me to an address far more west on Taylor Street in Chicago (estimated 1 mile more west, but not sure - I never measured it)
I am not sure, if it is also off in north-south direction (never experienced this), but in east-west, it was not the first time to be off for an address xxx W yyy Street

The location of the car is always shown correct on the map, and I don't experience this issue in the suburbs, up to now only in Chicago

2017 Mustang Ecoboost Coupe
Sync 3 3.0.19205
maps: NA 1 19

Any one of you an idea for this?

Thank you!
Dominik
If it was 1 mile west, you would've been at 2219 Taylor st. Every 100 in Chicago is 1/8th of a mile.
Sponsored