Sponsored

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I never checked how far mine goes back...perhaps it is 2"...but it;'s plenty far for me. Since I'm the only one driving the car, I set the #3 memory for all the way back. If I have to get out of the car with it running....I just hit "3"...

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ok, Iā€™ll bite.

I noticed that the trim panel next to my dead pedal is horribly out of place and intrudes on the dead pedal, so I canā€™t rest my whole foot on it.

Closer inspection revealed that the trim piece has a push pin, that is supposed to clip into the A-pillar sheet metal, but it canā€™t reach because thereā€™s a fat wire harness that runs to the stereo amplifier that is preventing it from sitting in the correct location.

Minor in the grand scheme of things, but still annoying.

Please ignore the dog furā€¦. we have a Great Pyrenees and her white fur gets into EVERYTHING!
51F94AFB-D3E8-4217-B219-407E9575B71B.jpeg
giphy.gif

Jesus dude, vacuum the dog out of your car once in awhile.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Ok, Iā€™ll bite.

I noticed that the trim panel next to my dead pedal is horribly out of place and intrudes on the dead pedal, so I canā€™t rest my whole foot on it.

Closer inspection revealed that the trim piece has a push pin, that is supposed to clip into the A-pillar sheet metal, but it canā€™t reach because thereā€™s a fat wire harness that runs to the stereo amplifier that is preventing it from sitting in the correct location.

Minor in the grand scheme of things, but still annoying.

Please ignore the dog furā€¦. we have a Great Pyrenees and her white fur gets into EVERYTHING!
51F94AFB-D3E8-4217-B219-407E9575B71B.jpeg
Dog fur in your Mustang is a good luck sign. If you donā€™t have any you need some.

UPee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
B
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Charger, 2022 Mach 1
As the title says, what ticks you off every time it behaves as designed?

On my car, it's "MAX DEFROST". Sure, crank the heat and fan all the way up when I activate it. But, when I push the button to turn it off, don't leave the damn automatic thermostat set at 85.
My issue is the poor 0-60 acceleration with M1 & A10 trans, due to wheel-hop & torque management. Torque In 1st gear is limited to about 67% in any mode. Then when it shifts to 2nd it spins a bit and the wheel hop management detects this and cuts the throttle to about 50% then it shifts early into 3rd. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Finally logged the data and saw what was happening.
Brought into local dealership who drove it and agreed with my data. They sent it to FORD engineering asking for direction. FORD responded, saying it was "NORMAL" and doing what it is designed to do!

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My issue is the poor 0-60 acceleration with M1 & A10 trans, due to wheel-hop & torque management. Torque In 1st gear is limited to about 67% in any mode. Then when it shifts to 2nd it spins a bit and the wheel hop management detects this and cuts the throttle to about 50% then it shifts early into 3rd. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Finally logged the data and saw what was happening.
Brought into local dealership who drove it and agreed with my data. They sent it to FORD engineering asking for direction. FORD responded, saying it was "NORMAL" and doing what it is designed to do!
"Wheel hop management"???

Please provide further details on this. First time I'm hearing of such a thing.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
giphy.gif

Jesus dude, vacuum the dog out of your car once in awhile.
Damn near every day, plus I use a carpet detailing scraper! Great Pyrenees shed RELENTLESSLY!!

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
Dog fur in your Mustang is a good luck sign. If you donā€™t have any you need some.
Itā€™s a constant when your dog is this big floof:
F760646F-6D7B-47DA-96AF-955A4CE5EC87.jpeg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
recirculation turns off due to CO2 build up in the cabin makes drivers drowsy. Especially if there are 4 people in the car.
No, it doesn't. There's no carbon dioxide sensor. There's just a dual humidity/temperature sensor, and the FCIM infers the probability that the windows would fog up based on those two input values. And most of the times its inference is incorrect. Or rather it would be correct if I didn't use the A/C. But I do use it, so fog is no concern.
I'm perfectly able to recognize when I can't breathe or when the windows are starting to fog up. I don't need a nanny. Never needed one for more than twenty years, so I definitely don't need one now.
I will try to figure out exactly what input of the sensor causes the FCIM to command the opening of the air flap, then I will trick the sensor into feeding false values to the FCIM, so that it never opens the flap on its own accord anymore. But it's still work in progress. I'm not there yet.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
No, it doesn't. There's no carbon dioxide sensor. There's just a dual humidity/temperature sensor, and the FCIM infers the probability that the windows would fog up based on those two input values. And most of the times its inference is incorrect. Or rather it would be correct if I didn't use the A/C. But I do use it, so fogging is no concern.
I'm perfectly able to recognize when I can't breathe or when the windows are starting to fog up. I don't need a nanny. Never needed one for more than twenty years, so I definitely don't need one now.
I will try to figure out exactly what input of the sensor causes the FCIM to command the opening of the air flap, then I will trick the sensor into feeding false values to the FCIM, so that it never opens the flap on its own accord anymore. But it's still work in progress. I'm not there yet.
itā€™s on a timer more or less. And the reason for the timer is CO2.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
itā€™s on a timer more or less. And the reason for the timer is CO2.
It's not, because in summer I can drive for hours with the recirculation on, whereas in winter it will deactivate after five minutes. And in spring or autumn the time interval can be longer or shorter depending on whether it's a rainy day or not. It can be five minutes once, then ten minutes, then three, then half an hour, etc.
It's definitely a combination of temperature and humidity, which is fed to the FCIM by a sensor that's underneath the steering column.

But anyway, no matter what's causing it, it's a feature that works as designed but annoys me, which is why I've mentioned it. :)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6