Sponsored

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
As the title says, what ticks you off every time it behaves as designed?

On my car, it's "MAX DEFROST". Sure, crank the heat and fan all the way up when I activate it. But, when I push the button to turn it off, don't leave the damn automatic thermostat set at 85.
Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I was waiting at a traffic signal and decided to press the 2nd automatic seat/mirror adjustment button. Apparently, someone programmed it was a shorter person. The seat raised and moved forward. I was wearing the seat belts and began to get squashed. Fortunate that the traffic light remained red and I stopped the seat movement.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Walking away from car in the driveway while running & you get the honk-honk.
Waiting the 5 seconds after the gas pump shuts off & you still get the burp-burp even though the nozzle is extracted slowly.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
Ok, I’ll bite.

I noticed that the trim panel next to my dead pedal is horribly out of place and intrudes on the dead pedal, so I can’t rest my whole foot on it.

Closer inspection revealed that the trim piece has a push pin, that is supposed to clip into the A-pillar sheet metal, but it can’t reach because there’s a fat wire harness that runs to the stereo amplifier that is preventing it from sitting in the correct location.

Minor in the grand scheme of things, but still annoying.

Please ignore the dog fur…. we have a Great Pyrenees and her white fur gets into EVERYTHING!
51F94AFB-D3E8-4217-B219-407E9575B71B.jpeg

Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Ok, I’ll bite.

I noticed that the trim panel next to my dead pedal is horribly out of place and intrudes on the dead pedal, so I can’t rest my whole foot on it.

Closer inspection revealed that the trim piece has a push pin, that is supposed to clip into the A-pillar sheet metal, but it can’t reach because there’s a fat wire harness that runs to the stereo amplifier that is preventing it from sitting in the correct location.

Please ignore the dog fur…. we have a Great Pyrenees and her white fur gets into EVERYTHING!

Definitely something out of place behind that panel. You should be able to see the entire foot rest..

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Ok, I’ll bite.

Mine too! But not as severe....

I need to spend some time playing that...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Walking away from car in the driveway while running & you get the honk-honk.
Waiting the 5 seconds after the gas pump shuts off & you still get the burp-burp even though the nozzle is extracted slowly.
I was going to say exactly this. It's especially annoying when I'm leaving for work in the morning and forget something inside the house. I have the infrequent morning where I'm leaving at 4 am and I feel absolutely terrible for my neighbors.

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I was going to say exactly this. It's especially annoying when I'm leaving for work in the morning and forget something inside the house. I have the infrequent morning where I'm leaving at 4 am and I feel absolutely terrible for my neighbors.
Absolutely no question about it!
This is the MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!!
I HATE it!!!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
My easy access feature. Had to read the manual because it was only going back a short distance. Found out it was only suppose to go back 2”. That’s so stupid. Might as well not have it at all. Previous cars I’ve had it on were programmable to either short or full movement.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My easy access feature. Had to read the manual because it was only going back a short distance. Found out it was only suppose to go back 2”. That’s so stupid. Might as well not have it at all. Previous cars I’ve had it on were programmable to either short or full movement.
I just scoured my manual. No mention. Can you summarize?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
1. Collision avoidance system
2. Double honk when you leave the car
3. Green arrows that tell you when to shift gear
4. The air recirculation turns itself off after a while.

I got rid of no. 1, 2 and 3 with ForScan. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a fix for no. 4 yet.
On my car, it's "MAX DEFROST". Sure, crank the heat and fan all the way up when I activate it. But, when I push the button to turn it off, don't leave the damn automatic thermostat set at 85.
That’s strange. I’m pretty sure mine reverts to Auto and whatever temperature was previously set. I will check again the next time I’m in the car.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Any one know if there is a way to reduce the minimum fan speed for the A/C when on level one? Level 1 feels like level 2 on my 2016. I can easily make it happen electronically, but I was wondering if anyone had located a soft pot setting in for scan.

Last edited:

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
1. Collision avoidance system
2. Double honk when you leave the car
3. Green arrows that tell you when to shift gear
4. The air recirculation turns itself off after a while.

I got rid of no. 1, 2 and 3 with ForScan. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a fix for no. 4 yet.

That’s strange. I’m pretty sure mine reverts to Auto and whatever temperature was previously set. I will check again the next time I’m in the car.
recirculation turns off due to CO2 build up in the cabin makes drivers drowsy. Especially if there are 4 people in the car.