Sponsored

NA tuning maintaining factory warranty

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
Hi all,
I'm wondering if there are (yet or upcoming) any aftermarket tunes that can increase the power of the GT350 while still maintaining the factory warranty. I see the Henessey tune/exhaust package comes with a 3/36,000 warranty, but I'm guessing this is done through them, and the factory warranty is null and void through Ford. I'd love to get a package that adds power with relatively mild modification (aka tune and complete exhaust), but I'd love to keep my Ford factory warranty. Is Roush, Saleen, Ford Performance, etc. going to have anything along these lines that will keep Ford warranty?
As many others, I want to keep this car NA and keep that sick exhaust sound (that i haven't yet heard in person). I'm all for getting 50 more HP, but not at the expense of lowered reliability. Plus, I'm really concerned about fuel economy, so i want a better-breathing exhaust to lower my fuel consumption, haha ;)
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
If you're concerned about fuel economy, you'll be hating life if you this car "spiritedly" stock. ;)

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
If you're concerned about fuel economy, you'll be hating life if you this car "spiritedly" stock. ;)
I hope my sarcasm was evident enough. More seriously, I am concerned with an in-tact warranty.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Any warranty you have will be offered through the aftermarket company to include FRPP, Roush, Saleen, etc... You are playing with fire when it comes to your factory Eng/Drivetrain warranty when you are tuning the engine out of Factory specs. You may get lucky as some have, and get covered under Ford's warranty, but it is never guaranteed.

The only guaranteed tune which would be covered under a Ford warranty is something offered directly by Ford upon sale of the vehicle. Similar to what Porsche does, they offer a sport tuned package when you build your car. Even then some manufacturers reduce the warranty time and mileage. Ford does not currently offer such a power package.

If you're dead set on getting a tune and exhaust for the car, you should get comfortable with the aftermarket warranty. It is likely you will need it if you have any malfunctions. That said, a catback exhaust is one of the few "safe" mods you can do to your car.
Sponsored