Sponsored

NA gen 3 people, what has actually broken on your car?

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to drop the pan on 2018+ to do OPG? So you'll have to redo the gasket again
Yes, you have to drop it a little... but I figure with a new gasket on there, it should be fine to not replace again. Most don’t replace the gasket when doing OPG... seems like you really can’t get the pan far enough dropped to easily access the gasket and get the surfaces clean for the new gasket/sealant without lowering the subframe and/or raising the engine.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I had my 2015 for two years and the only issue I really had was with the backup camera. I have had my 2020 for about a month and the front bumper is currently getting repainted for the second time in two weeks.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
2019 PP1 400A
No go fast mods yet - just suspension
Bought August 2018
Built July 2018
16,500 miles

MT82 went boom at 5000 miles. I had the dealer replace it with a Trans from a car on the lot due to the long lead time from Ford for a new one. The catch was it needed to be from a 2019 build date so I avoided the shitty 2018 shift forks. They obliged. It’s run great since then.

I have the tick and rattle but it doesn’t bother me.

Potential issue with oil consumption. I finally hit the mandated 1000 miles today for the dealer to check and see where the oil level is at. Hopefully it’s not bad bc I really don’t want to have to put it in the shop for a new engine. But it runs strong and I’ve got no issues otherwise.

Lately I’ve noticed a rattle on the drivers side Interior somewhere. I can’t locate it from pushing on kick panel, door panel and dash.

Other than that I’m good.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Took the wife to the mountains this weekend to celebrate our new empty nesthood. Put maybe 750 miles on the car... nothing wrong so far in a year and a half. Put the exhaust in quiet mode most of the time for the missus, put it in loud mode when in town to keep the hippies apprised of our existence.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
mine is a 2018 with 25k miles now. VCT solenoids were replaced at 19k miles and MT-82 shift forks replaced at 24k miles.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
18 A10 14k. broken exhaust hanger on passenger side. Welded myself. Newly developed active exhaust rattle on passenger side. No other issues. Car is modified and tracked.

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
6700 miles on my 2019 A10 car. Lots of suspension, trans upgrades, and E85 tune. Car makes 428hp with stock exhaust and airbox. Trans brake forced out the bushing on the input shaft, fused the bearing to the pump, melted the front plate and gear all at around 4500 miles. Little rebuild action and it’s back on the road hurting others feelings every weekend.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing at all '18 GT purchase May 2018 20800+ miles currently

Sponsored

barfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bart
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1 a10
So just curious on what everyone says, I don't want the typical "I heard of a guys motor grenading from the tick" but what has actually broken on your 18+ GT's?

I'll start, my driver's side climate seat straight doesn't work, passenger side is fine though lol.
mine is a 2018 pp1 a10 with 5k miles on it, lots of it is track time. Only problem is trans misbehaves when cold and after sitting for
weeks. rough shifts in low gears and acts like it is slipping at first. took to the dealer once and they said nothing was wrong, will try
another dealer this fall. otherwise runs great and no problems. exhaust is loud enough from the factory that I don't hear and tics or
clicks.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
'18 GT pp1 with a little over 18k miles.
It has the tick and rattle. ‍
The real issue are the clunks in the front end, each side does it turning in or out of the garage. I couldn't get it to do it at the dealership so I guess next time I'll have to schedule an extended drive to my house. Front suspension is stock.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So just curious on what everyone says, I don't want the typical "I heard of a guys motor grenading from the tick" but what has actually broken on your 18+ GT's?

I'll start, my driver's side climate seat straight doesn't work, passenger side is fine though lol.
Driver side door lock actuator replaced under warranty.

Scuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

2018 GT Ruby Red Premium Black Accent Pkg 13.5K miles- plastic cover of rear view mirror stem popped off because of putting parking tag on and off (just snapped back on), stock Pirelli front driver's side got a bulge in the sidewall after hitting a pothole (yay. Missouri roads....)- issues not due to normal use: zero. No engine tick, no shift fork issue etc.- I love my Mustang.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I just bought 2019 GT with 16k on it I had it a week,It’s been at the dealership for two weeks now. Took it in for the chain tensioner chirp TSB first I was told the timing chain would be replaced but was told to day its having timing issues that there trying to figure out. So who know what going to happen next. So the dealership has had my cars longer then I have ‍♂
Sponsored