Sponsored

N.E. Area GT350 Owners, Spring Cruise?

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For those in the New England area, is anybody planning a spring cruise? It would be cool to have a group of GT350(R)'s driving the scenic backroads. I've been on other cruises before and we traveled the White Mountains, NH and ME seacoast, VT (any number of roads) or the Mohawk trail. I'm sure there are many others.

Let me know if there's interest in getting together on a weekend day.
Sponsored

Reactions: H6G

TL350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
N.E. Spring Cruise

I would be interested , lots of snow left here in Northern Vermont , keep me posted if you make a plan .

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’m in.....

White Mountains sounds great! Especially, the Kancamagus Highway :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It appears there's enough interest to put together a N.E. cruise. From the signatures, I know some people are located in MA and VT. Though I don't know where exactly (i.e. eastern MA, northern VT, etc.). If the route was through the White Mountains/Kanc, is this a reasonable distance to travel for a cruise? I am open to suggestions/ideas.

In-terms of a date, perhaps a weekend in May to ensure the roads have been patched and the temps are consistently above 50 F.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I’d hook up if you folks made it up to the Kanc, White Mountains area. May sounds good. Consder a second one in October, we got some of the best autumn drives in the country peak foliage up here is typically around Columbus Day (Thanksgiving for our Canadians friends:D).

Quite a few different routes depending on how far North you want to go.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
In-terms of a date, perhaps a weekend in May to ensure the roads have been patched and the temps are consistently above 50 F.
Don't count on the temps being above 50 on the Kangamangus in mid May. Was staying in Lincoln mid May 16 and wife and I decided to take a ride over the Kangamangus to N. Conway. As we approached the top of the pass a car was side ways in the middle of the road. I came to a stop and the car started sliding to the shoulder of the road and that is when I realized the road was coated with ice. I couldn't move forward or turn around. Wound up having to back down the hiway about 1/2 mile before I could find enough traction to turn around and go back to the hotel in Lincoln.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Don't count on the temps being above 50 on the Kangamangus in mid May. Was staying in Lincoln mid May 16 and wife and I decided to take a ride over the Kangamangus to N. Conway. As we approached the top of the pass a car was side ways in the middle of the road. I came to a stop and the car started sliding to the shoulder of the road and that is when I realized the road was coated with ice. I couldn't move forward or turn around. Wound up having to back down the hiway about 1/2 mile before I could find enough traction to turn around and go back to the hotel in Lincoln.
Glad you made it back. Temps up here vary greatly and keeping an eye on local conditions is essential.
All sorts of info out there, here's one specific for the Kanc:
http://www.kancamagushighway.com/weather/index.htm

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
depending on the date I would be interested.

OP
OP

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
All, my apologies for the delay in responding to the posts on the potential of a spring cruise. Long hours at the office contributing to reduced personal time. Only driven my GT350 twice since taking delivery (though the weather also has been a factor).

Just a thought, if there's interest in a drive through the White Mountains, perhaps we can schedule a weekend date mid-June. Ideally before Father Day's weekend (to get ahead of motorcycle weekend). There's a nice collection of roads including the Kanc and Bear Notch Rd that offers plenty of twists and turns. Perhaps, if there's interest, a drive up the Mt. Washington Auto Rd. Great photo opportunity. Just ignore the sections with the drop-off and no guardrails or barriers. We can pick a stopping point for lunch and a beer. Temps and road conditions should be good by early June.

In general, I had originally posted this thread in the GT350 forum. Hence why I stated "GT350 owners". It's should be and is open to all car fanatics or somebody who wants to go out for a fun day.

I'm open to other ideas. Feel free to chime-in. Just trying to find an excuse to drive the car on some fun roads with a good group of people.
Sponsored