Mysterious hairs width line in center of 2015 Interior Windshield

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I've noticed a "clear line" that is about the width of a hair in the center of my Windshield (interior) running from my rain sensor to the bottom of the windshield. It's only noticeable when the glass is "fogged" or when I wet it to clean. It's not a crack. Since it's probably been there since I purchased the car in late 2014, I'm not that concerned over it. When I run my finger nail across the "line" I can feel it. I'm curious if anyone else has ever noticed this?. I have a 2015 S550 GT Premium. Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
While I've never seen one on the front windshield, could it be a defroster filament? Seems I've stumped at least 73 readers

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
How about the sensor for the auto wipers?
I dont thinks so. all of that is housed in the unit behind the rear view mirror and those cables run up into the head liner. Thank you for your suggestion.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
It’s for rain sensing wipers. The camera stuff above the mirror is for auto high beams, if you have it, and lane departure warning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
It’s for rain sensing wipers. The camera stuff above the mirror is for auto high beams, if you have it, and lane departure warning.
I had no idea! I'm sure glad I didn't try to scrape it off. I dont have lane depature or auto high beams, so why would I have the equipment behind the rear view mirror. I did order the car with the premium package.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I had no idea! I'm sure glad I didn't try to scrape it off. I dont have lane depature or auto high beams, so why would I have the equipment behind the rear view mirror. I did order the car with the premium package.
I could be wrong, it’s just the best guess I have. My initial thought would be antenna for fm or am radio but that’s in the back window afaik

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can you get a pic of it to post up?

My guess is if you can feel it with your fingernail, it’s a crack or maybe glue/silicone resin from manufacturing.

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
In the old days some cars came with Radio antenna embeded in windshield?? I do not think thats done anymore. With all the sensors available today it is likely one of those, or it could be a Mustang intended for overseas that has some funky antenna stuff? or it could be it sends a signal to some government agency to track where you be????

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
maybe it could be for the sound thing
just a thought

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I've noticed a "clear line" that is about the width of a hair in the center of my Windshield (interior) running from my rain sensor to the bottom of the windshield. It's only noticeable when the glass is "fogged" or when I wet it to clean. It's not a crack. Since it's probably been there since I purchased the car in late 2014, I'm not that concerned over it. When I run my finger nail across the "line" I can feel it. I'm curious if anyone else has ever noticed this?. I have a 2015 S550 GT Premium. Thank you.
Could be a sensor of some kind. I would leave it.

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Can you get a pic of it to post up?

My guess is if you can feel it with your fingernail, it’s a crack or maybe glue/silicone resin from manufacturing.
No pic is possible. The line is as clear as the glass. It's only visible if the windshield is "fogged", even then, it wouldn't show up in a phote.
Sponsored