Sponsored

MyColor Dash Lights during daytime on Premium

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
This is an extremely simple mod but just thought Id share in case one did not realize that it could be done. The purpose of this is to allow the gauges to light up in your selected mycolor whether it is day time or night time (my color option is normally disabled during daylight hours).

On any premium 2015 mustang, you can select between different colors for your dash gauges and can even make your own color. However, if there is still daylight outside, even if you have the parking lamps or headlights on, the gauges will not light up with your selected color and will light up with the basic white lighting. Again, the mycolor gauge colors only work during nighttime..

On my 15 I have placed a piece of black electrical tape (small piece cut to proper size) over the daylight sensor on the dash. More stylish methods can be employed but I just stretched the tape over evenly and it looks fine. No one would even know it was there unless I told them so even though it may sound kind of cheap, I dont have any issue with it.

Now when I turn my parking lamps or headlights on in the daytime, the mycolor system comes on and my gauges light up in my chosen color. I recommended that the gauge brightness is turned to the maximum setting (brightness can be adjusted using buttons directly to the right of the headlight knob).

The parking lamps or headlights must be turned on in order for the color gauges to activate regardless if its day or night. I usually drive with my parking lights on anyway, but even if I didn't, I think driving with the parking lights on is a no brainier if it means that I could have the gauge colors on during normal daytime driving.

This is where the daylight sensor is on the 2015 mustang (not my mustang but they are all the same and usually in this location regardless of what car it is)

2015 mustang dash.jpg

Headlights knob in the "parking lamps" position. Use buttons on right to adjust the brightness of the gauge color (in order for the color to be nice and bright during daytime, I again suggest that the brightness be set to the maximum setting using the upper button on the right)

004.jpg

This is the end result. Very bright lighting outside but the gauges still light up with the color of my choosing, instead of plain white.

005.jpg

Obviously if you prefer to leave your headlights in "auto" mode, doing this little mod would cause them to stay on all the time, since your car thinks its dark out. I always manually turn them on and off so that doesn't affect me

W
Sponsored

Last edited:

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
6 years later so it seems this is still a problem, lol i dont want white during the day i want color