hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
hey folks, id like a few opinions,

i too am waiting for the s650, and it seems 2023 is not happening, im also not sure if I will like it

I have been obtaining some quotes, i have one that theyre quoting 6 months lead time, but its a MY22

should I wait a few months until I can order the MY23 ordering given that most dealers are quoting me 12 months lead time

i am/was considering that just before teh car arrives if Ive changed my mind or the s650 is confirmed, I can give my allocation away to someone else or transfer it

just trying to decide on what to do?

or should i just not buy one because if the s650 is really in high demand and then I will lose out too much on resale, and if covid demand subsides
Sponsored

Last edited:

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
He's getting it new, so it should have 0 to low mileage... my one had 27kms on it.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
hey folks, id like a few opinions,

i too am waiting for the s650, and it seems 2023 is not happening, im also not sure if I will like it

I have been obtaining some quotes, i have one that theyre quoting 6 months lead time, but its a MY22

should I wait a few months until I can order the MY23 ordering given that most dealers are quoting me 12 months lead time

i am/was considering that just before teh car arrives if Ive changed my mind or the s650 is confirmed, I can give my allocation away to someone else or transfer it

just trying to decide on what to do?

or should i just not buy one because if the s650 is really in high demand and then I will lose out too much on resale, and if covid demand subsides
The quoted Order to Delivery Lead time seems rather optimistic in the current climate, however you do Not have to wait until the 2023 Order Books are open for a MY23. Generally the next years model is built from 03 Jan, although RHD production is delayed to February, and all outstanding previous years (MY22) orders will automatically default to the new years (MY23) model specs after that date. So you just need to time your order so the build date falls in 2023.

The Flat Rock Factory has been beset with frequent and frustrating shutdowns due to supply chain issues ( (2) 2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com ) so all these delays result in a growing backlog of orders and extended build schedules and delivery times.

It seems that most build dates have blown out from around 3 months from order, to 6-10 months.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
The quoted Order to Delivery Lead time seems rather optimistic in the current climate, however you do Not have to wait until the 2023 Order Books are open for a MY23. Generally the next years model is built from 03 Jan, although RHD production is delayed to February, and all outstanding previous years (MY22) orders will automatically default to the new years (MY23) model specs after that date. So you just need to time your order so the build date falls in 2023.

The Flat Rock Factory has been beset with frequent and frustrating shutdowns due to supply chain issues ( (2) 2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com ) so all these delays result in a growing backlog of orders and extended build schedules and delivery times.

It seems that most build dates have blown out from around 3 months from order, to 6-10 months.
thats excellent info, ive only bought a new car once before in my life so all tehse dates I was unaware of

the one with a 5month lead time is actually a cancelled order so I assume its 2022 model regardless of whether it comes this year or next

the dilemma im facing is not knowing if MY23 is going to be the new shape,

ill be kind of bummed out if i get hte current shape, then a few months later the new one is relased and out and about and if I love it

I am really looking for a "forever" car, and although its not a priority, but i intend to baby it and keep it original, and years down the track it will be the desirable one to have, just lke the 60s-70s mustangs are now

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Urban Dictionary is an awesome resource for these things, with practical examples.

i first came across it when checking on "rusty trombone" which was mentioned in Stangers with Candy, and just about had to bleach my eyes.
Sponsored