Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
MY23 Colours: New Vapor Blue Metallic, and notably no Orange, Yellow or the new (2022) Eruption Green, Mischievous Purple and Oil Slick Blue, which all appear to have been deleted.

UPDATE Note: Eruption Green & Mischievous Purple - appear to have a second life - See Post #9

1658703946169.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
nothing wrong with those colours but I wonder whether the absence of the lairy colours is that there isnt much market for them, or is it to hold them back for a big splash when the new model comes out in '24?

As an aside, my wife is absolutely convinced that my car (orange) is bigger than the grey or black mustangs that she sees. She is a very clever woman (with great taste in men), but I've had to say several times that they are the same car, just that the darker colours are slimming, I'm sure she still doesnt believe me.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
I rather liked that loud colours like Twister Orange and Peel I think was the yellow? I was dirty when they dropped Twister Orange. Cyber Orange just wasn't bright enough and I am constantly second guessing my colour choice of Rapid Red.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Rapid red is a fantastic colour, quite rich looking. i didnt go for it in the mustang because we already had two cars in italian racing red/firenze which is very similar, and the car was going to be out in the sun a lot (and red often isnt great for that).

Orange fury (which I have) is a nice colour, quite sparkly up close. And you dont ever worry about other cars or pedestrians not seeing you coming, it is the automotive equivalent of a hi viz vest.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping Atlas Blue might have been a One Year Wonder like the other three, and replaced with a return of Velocity Blue. No such luck

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The hardest thing with Atlas Blue would be deciding whether to go with silver wheels or charcoal, they both look great on it.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I rather liked that loud colours like Twister Orange and Peel I think was the yellow? I was dirty when they dropped Twister Orange. Cyber Orange just wasn't bright enough and I am constantly second guessing my colour choice of Rapid Red.
There was a recent "Triple Yellow" and the 2022 "Cyber Orange" was very yellowish

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The hardest thing with Atlas Blue would be deciding whether to go with silver wheels or charcoal, they both look great on it.
I have silver wheels with my current Velocity Blue, and will repeat with the next MY23 Atlas Blue, if Ford ever re-open the Order Books.
1658726685357.jpeg

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Colours and Codes (note Fighter Jet Gray is Mach-1 only) Note the inclusion of Eruption Green & Mischievous Purple - both appear to have a second life, as they were deleted from the earlier colour chart. (a US Mischievous Purple MY23 Order was confirmed elsewhere - with a price increase of US$300 over the MY22)

1664493578725.png

From the official Ford US 2023 Mustang Order Guide HERE: 2023 Mustang Order Guide (ford.com)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Updated colors?
Sorry, this Colour Code Pic was taken off the CJPony Parts site, which is usually 100% Accurate.

I normally check, however I was in a mad rush at the time - although the Green and Orange were a bit of an obvious give away that it was incorrect - based on the earlier colour code. However Tthe Official Ford Order Guide includes "Eruption Green" - so what is happening here?

2023 Ford Mustang Paint Colors (cjponyparts.com)

Last edited:

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Love my Twister Orange colour.

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, this Colour Code Pic was taken off the CJPony Parts site, which is usually 100% Accurate.

I normally check, however I was in a mad rush at the time - although the Green and Orange were a bit of an obvious give away that it was incorrect - based on the earlier colour code. However Tthe Official Ford Order Guide includes "Eruption Green" - so what is happening here?

2023 Ford Mustang Paint Colors (cjponyparts.com)
Steve, I have had so much trouble with my Mustang, I am trying for a Ford Replacement Vehicle. SSSooo disappointed Twister Orange isn't available anymore.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Steve, I have had so much trouble with my Mustang, I am trying for a Ford Replacement Vehicle. SSSooo disappointed Twister Orange isn't available anymore.
Sorry for the late response Deno, it is not great that you have had to endure such a saga of issues. How have things progressed? I hope you got a Replacement New Mustang !

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
Steve, Ford is racing at Full Stop to assist me.
Ford Austarlia had agreed to Replacement Vehicle in the 1st half of their letter and then said they could not supply one and offered by original Purchase Price back, from 2nd Jan 2021.
Rejected their offer as it would leave my $8K out of pocket for a new Mustang, plus another 6-8 months waiting for it to arrive.
There was 1 last New S550 Twister Orange for sale in WA, I contacted the Dealer and asked for a hold, thinking Ford would respond quick enough for me to purcase this one, but No Response.
We have a solicitor now and hoping some news in the next few months.
Sponsored