Sponsored

MY20 Owners. Did you get a CAWS guide with the Owners Manual?

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I just recently got my20 GT and was thinking about picking up some engine oil for emergency or top up situations. I was doing a little bit of research and found a thread stating that cars in Australia should run on 5w-30 engine oil instead of the 5w-20 specified in the owners manual.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-mustang-gt-recommended-oil-in-australia.119584/page-2

In the thread above people mentioned recieving a new Customer and Warranty Service guide with the 5w-30 engine oil specs. Just wondering if any other 20 owners recieved a CAWS guide or am I just missing this little booklet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I just recently got my20 GT and was thinking about picking up some oil for emergency or top up situations. I was doing a little bit of research and found a thread stating that cars in Australia should run on 5w-30 engine oil instead of the 5w-20 specified in the owners manual.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-mustang-gt-recommended-oil-in-australia.119584/page-2

In the thread above people mentioned recieving a new Customer and Warranty Service guide with the 5w-30 engine oil specs. Just wondering if any other 20 owners recieved a CAWS guide or am I just missing this little booklet.
Not in the folder with all the purchase docs? The CAWS is the only place that mentions the oil specs I think. By the way Mancave Garage at Ballina have just got in some 5W30 oil filler caps to correct the anomaly on our cars. It is a Motorcraft item so Ford Australia spare parts may also carry them. Mine is coming next week.

OP
OP
xSouthSyde

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Not in the folder with all the purchase docs? The CAWS is the only place that mentions the oil specs I think. By the way Mancave Garage at Ballina have just got in some 5W30 oil filler caps to correct the anomaly on our cars. It is a Motorcraft item so Ford Australia spare parts may also carry them. Mine is coming next week.
Nope I only got the owners manual and at the back of that it has some pages where you get your service stamps etc...
I rang the guy I dealt with when buying the car and he didn’t know much about the situation or the oil. He told me the service department is closed today and to give them a buzz on Monday.
A915C07A-CA21-4589-B4B6-010067597A74.jpeg

In this guide it still says 5w-20 and I logged into my Ford online account and it has no online Caws guide available there. Only the digital version of the Owners Manual and the Mustang quick reference guide.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Looks like they have amalgamated the two books then as 18's and I think 19's got two books. Our owners manual gives no fluid capacities or specifications.

OP
OP
xSouthSyde

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Looks like they have amalgamated the two books then as 18's and I think 19's got two books. Our owners manual gives no fluid capacities or specifications.
Yep, the salesman at the dealership suggested that they might have combined it all in one book but wasn’t 100% sure until he spoke with the service department on Monday. The My20 owners manual has fluid capacities and specs.
I’ve just sent an angry email to Ford Australia telling them to clear things up about the engine oil specs for the My20
Sponsored