avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey all!

I came across a set of OEM MY19 tail lights on Facebook marketplace that I’m planning on picking up. I would be replacing my MY17 tail lights.

I’ve done some searching around the forum and keep getting conflicting information re: the swap - some say there’s an additional harness that’ll be needed between the tail lights and the vehicle, and others are saying it’s a direct swap, plug and play.

Can anyone CONFIRM MY19 tail lights can go into my 2017 without any additional wiring harnesses? I would hope it’s as simple as a direct swap.

Thank you.
Sponsored

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Hey all!

I came across a set of OEM MY19 tail lights on Facebook marketplace that I’m planning on picking up. I would be replacing my MY17 tail lights.

I’ve done some searching around the forum and keep getting conflicting information re: the swap - some say there’s an additional harness that’ll be needed between the tail lights and the vehicle, and others are saying it’s a direct swap, plug and play.

Can anyone CONFIRM MY19 tail lights can go into my 2017 without any additional wiring harnesses? I would hope it’s as simple as a direct swap.

Thank you.
In the UK at least, the lights are swappable. Aftermarket lights (VLANDS) are usable across the pre- and post-facelift with the same plugs

OP
OP

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
In the UK at least, the lights are swappable. Aftermarket lights (VLANDS) are usable across the pre- and post-facelift with the same plugs
Thanks, Mike!

Anyone else able to chime in before I pull the trigger on the purchase?
Sponsored