Sponsored

My Whipple Cobra Jet inlet installation.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I did a lot of searching for CJ inlet installs and really there isn't much out there, hard to even find pics of what the filter fender well area looks like installed with from clip off. So I though I'd post up some pics and of course I'd have to change things and maximize as much as possible.

Firstly the CJ inlet is a really nice big unit that has a very smooth interior walls and nice bends for great flow. It's also massive in size (150 MM) compared to the standard inlet elbow from Whipple with the smaller part being the MAF housing at 127mm. I had mine painted (by IG ssrcollision) white to match the custom paint on my Gen 4.

I had to move big Stewart EMP high flow coolant pump and remove the whipple tank to fit what I had in mind.
I wanted a huge filter as the CJ filter was the same size as the Whipple, too small for my liking. I also wanted to seal off the fender area from dust dirt and grime that gets kicked up from the wheel well. I built a closure for the filter sealing it off completely so no heat dirt or dust could come in from the engine or wheel well. I also hogged out the fog light bezel and used some grill screen to finish it and then put filter dry sock material behind the screen to keep water from hitting the filter. All buttoned and ready for dyno results in the spring.

Filter I used 12 x 9 x 7 https://www.amazon.com/Airaid-700-499-Universal-Clamp-Filter/dp/B0056NQMTO
Sponsored