Sponsored

My Tuner/installer/shop is telling me whipple tunes will work with long tubes

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
After speaking to a very well known shop who will be tuning and installing my whipple stage 1 told me they do not custom tune whipple on 2018-20 gen 3 coyote kits as of yet personally. They explained that whipple allows enough adjustments in the parameters of their tune to dial it in to work properly with long tubes and as long as you have high flow cats will have zero issues, which I do but whipple can not actually advertise that because of California. I called whipple and they basically said similar and that their is enough adjustment to not get a check engine light ā€œmost of the timeā€ but said they do recommend custom tunes if you have long tubes at that point. Does any one besides me have this setup with the whipple tune, in regards to aftermarket longtubes adjusted with the whipple tune. Currently Iā€™m running 1-7/8x3 American Racing Longtube headers. I just find it odd that this shop is stating this and it kinda makes me question what to do. But also sounds like it has been done many times. The shop said itā€™s not an issue they will dial it in and if necessary will work with whipple to make sure it runs perfectly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
After speaking to a very well known shop who will be tuning and installing my whipple stage 1 told me they do not custom tune whipple on 2018-20 gen 3 coyote kits as of yet personally. They explained that whipple allows enough adjustments in the parameters of their tune to dial it in to work properly with long tubes and as long as you have high flow cats will have zero issues, which I do but whipple can not actually advertise that because of California. I called whipple and they basically said similar and that there is enough adjustment to not get a check engine light ā€˜most of the timeā€ but said they do recommend custom tunes if you have long tubes at that point. Does any one besides me have this setup with the whipple tune, in regards to aftermarket longtubes. Currently Iā€™m running 1-7/8x3 American Racing Longtube headers. I just find it odd that this shop is stating this and it kinda makes me question what to do. But also sounds like it has been done many times. The shop said itā€™s not an issue they will dial it in and if necessary will work with whipple to make sure it runs perfectly.
Works fine, Done many times.

If you get a check engine light, itā€™s because your cats are not cleaning enough.

(American racing high flow are known for causing a check engine light)

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Works fine, Done many times.

If you get a check engine light, itā€™s because your cats are not cleaning enough.

(American racing high flow are known for causing a check engine light)
In regards to what? Iā€™ve had them installed for months and never have had a check engine light running NA. So are you saying things change once I install the whipple or Iā€™m good most likely since it hasnā€™t occurred after a custom tune.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
In regards to what? Iā€™ve had them installed for months and never have had a check engine light running NA. So are you saying things change once I install the whipple or Iā€™m good most likely since it hasnā€™t occurred after a custom tune.
Whipple wonā€™t change anything.

if your cats are ā€œefficientā€ enough now, your good.

Aftermarket cats are made much cheaper then factory cats and usually donā€™t clean your exhaust enough to to keep the light off.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Iā€™m kinda in the same boat. Installing my whipple stage 2 Friday. Was told it runs a lil diff with longtubes. Dunno how true that is. But Iā€™m catless and have the bigdaddy customs O2 mini cats on the rear O2ā€™s. Iā€™m currently on Lund e85 For a month now n messaged them a bit ago asking about going to their tune with the whipple. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a pretty penny but May be worth it for me.

Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Whipple stage 2 kit still running whipple tune on the mak cat delete pipes. car runs good. just had to buy big daddies garage angled 02 senor to get rid of CEL

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Boy ohhh Boyy I know why I am so happy with my Tuner Iā€™ve been catless bbk long tunes since new 2018 N/A FBO E-85 520 RWHP 10:6 at 129 and now gen 5 Whipple still same exh system only added the gen 5 960 RWHP and Fauukkk still no damn light.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Boy ohhh Boyy I know why I am so happy with my Tuner Iā€™ve been catless bbk long tunes since new 2018 N/A FBO E-85 520 RWHP 10:6 at 129 and now gen 5 Whipple still same exh system only added the gen 5 960 RWHP and Fauukkk still no damn light.
what are you using for fuel system and what pulley?

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple stage 2 kit still running whipple tune on the mak cat delete pipes. car runs good. just had to buy big daddies garage angled 02 senor to get rid of CEL
I just had my exh guy weld the bung in an angle been good since new never changed an o2

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what are you using for fuel system and what pulley?
Fore innovation dual pump id1050x and 6rib griptec 3.0 upper stock balancer lower and yes I know thereā€™s cars with 20% lowers and 22lbs of boost that do not run like this car. As said itā€™s all in the tune
Sponsored