lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Id really like to take some people out for a day with me...im fbo sans a catback, adam tuned. I drive the most irresponsable way possible..and a lot of timesi give it gas in 5th and the car doenst bother to down shift. I have donew thw very stupid floor it in 2nd from a dead stop and nothing. Not even a knock. You know when i do see knowck? Everyday? Driving around town. Slow driving, stop and go trafic that sort of thing when i check the cobb theres always 2 or 3 recorded knocks. The only scary loud clank ive heard was in the tranny, still dint know what happended, but deadly afraid itll give.
Bottom line just like i did a dvcc, a cscc AND a breather (which i would love to route to a catch can) to be safe, the following days ill duct tape de crap out of the tpi sensor.:)

Btw the trasnmission tune is worth the cash, i just wish cobb would fix the f@ckn 4th to 6th issue!!! At the track it suuuuuucks
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Mama smurf if you are ever in the states and you would like to go for a ride for 2 hours I have plenty of energy to race you while you are wearing 3 inch heels and nothing else ...that would be most enjoyable to say the least ..then we could go Boosting in some stangs !

I really do not get to Puerto Rico much these days ..So let me know when your coming to the states .

eficalibrator

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calibratedsuccess.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoostCobra
LSPI is a phenomenon that occurs in Direct-Injection engines and despite tons of research, car manufacturers still don't know for certain what causes it and how to totally prevent it.
It is PREIGNITION but it should not to be confused with the "traditional" KNOCK we all know about.
Fixed that for you. ;) They actually know a fair amount about it now. The funny thing is, trying to create a "safe" tune with less spark timing can actually make the phenomenon WORSE by leaving too much residual heat in chamber/exhaust/valve. There exists a narrow window of allowable spark between too little causing PI and too much causing knock in some areas. This is exceptionally well documented by the OEM during the development process.

This limited window of safe operation actually drives some of the boost, airflow, and load limits that are imposed on the stock calibration. Once aftermarket tuners go in there and raise these limits, they must assume the risk associated with it.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Mama smurf if you are ever in the states and you would like to go for a ride for 2 hours I have plenty of energy to race you while you are wearing 3 inch heels and nothing else ...that would be most enjoyable to say the least ..then we could go Boosting in some stangs !

I really do not get to Puerto Rico much these days ..So let me know when your coming to the states .
This is a bit much..

But I'll ride in the other car :ninja:

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli

Wow, this forum just turned into Match.com. Who calls a lady Mama smurf? If you are interested in a gal, you should work on transparency.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Wow, this forum just turned into Match.com. Who calls a lady Mama smurf? If you are interested in a gal, you should work on transparency.
Lol it's under her screen name.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
:lol: he did post that at 2AM lol

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Btw the trasnmission tune is worth the cash, i just wish cobb would fix the f@ckn 4th to 6th issue!!! At the track it suuuuuucks
Me too. If you run it to the top of 4th, mine will click into 5th, and then immediately 6th. Although I'm rarely at those speeds, it's annoying as hell. I talked to Adam about that last July during a certain Mustang event in Mexico. :D

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Me too. If you run it to the top of 4th, mine will click into 5th, and then immediately 6th. Although I'm rarely at those speeds, it's annoying as hell. I talked to Adam about that last July during a certain Mustang event in Mexico. :D
I've never noticed this, are you talking about when the shifter is in D and no paddles?

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
wait, is this the problem thats breaking the EB autos?

Fords fucked up trans tune?

Knocking it into 6th too early which then makes the motor lug/more stress/lower oil pressure.

Maybe thats where the damage is happening, and then the motor lets loose at some random interval down the road.

edit: can a tuner, who modifies the trans tune - when the engine chooses to shift, is it solely based on RPM, or does it factor in MPH as well. ie the vehicle is traveling at 49 mph, it tips to 50, trans shifts because of the MPH or because of RPM vs Gear?

Last edited:

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
wait, is this the problem thats breaking the EB autos?

Fords fucked up trans tune?

Knocking it into 6th too early which then makes the motor lug/more stress/lower oil pressure.

Maybe thats where the damage is happening, and then the motor lets loose at some random interval down the road.

edit: can a tuner, who modifies the trans tune - when the engine chooses to shift, is it solely based on RPM, or does it factor in MPH as well. ie the vehicle is traveling at 49 mph, it tips to 50, trans shifts because of the MPH or because of RPM vs Gear?
The problem with auto's is it doesn't know ahead what you want to do.
Auto makers try to get into high gear like 50mph or so at low throttle (cruising) for good MPG.
Problem comes in when your at that condition but then want to accelerate some. With the small turbo, even though you may increase throttle say 30-50%, thats still plenty to get decent boost.
There a lot of variables that ECU takes in to figure when to shift, load, speed, throttle just to name few.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium

hahahaha youre on as long as youre wearing knee high boots and nothing else too!!!
its a bit of an inside joke for us gals but driving in super high heels is uncomfortable as F, so if a women passes you by and gets off from the car in heels, you REALLY suck hahaha if im ever there il hit you up!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.