Sponsored

My Terrible Experience with Service at Star Ford

windnsea00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
As I keep finding issues related to my car being serviced at Star Ford last summer I feel I should let others be aware as it continues to infuriate me. In July 2018 I took my 2018 Shelby GT350 with 7k miles in to have the engine replaced, it had a mechanical failure which apparently isn't an uncommon thing with these vehicles. It took nearly 3 weeks for Star Ford to even get around to inspecting the car and having Ford approve a new engine via warranty, I had to call in regularly to see what was happening as their level of contact was rather minimal.

After 6 weeks of the car being down I go to pick it up. This is what I find:

1) A nick in the driver door handle.
2) A nick in the dashboard.
3) A scrape on the rear bumper.
4) The interior was absolutely FILTHY with trash in it from working on the car and a layer of dust from presumably having the windows down for weeks at a time.
5) The driver side wiper was mis-adjusted too high and missing the cap on the nut.

Needless to say for a premier car by Ford I was thoroughly disappointed.

Now over time I have noticed other issues related to their work such as:

1) Damaged washer fluid hose from removing the hood.
2) Improper clips over the battery cover.
3) Steering wheel came loose while driving! For some reason they had to replace the clock spring behind the steering wheel when the car was in their hands, they obviously didn't properly tighten down the steering wheel nut. This is a serious one and could've resulted in an accident.

Frankly I am surprised the engine is even bolted in correctly at this point (maybe it isn't), needless to say I would avoid their service department at all costs. Maybe their sales team is fine but this would be the worst experience I've ever had with a dealer in regards to service.
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Star Ford is a garbage dealership. Go to Galpin for anything.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
They had my pals 2017GT for days over a stupid dash board light sensor. Take pics and contact Ford Corp.
ANd shame the shit outta them all over social media.
Sponsored