i need these in my lifeLong tube headers 1.7/8" into 3" collector then 3" 100cell cats.
Yeh limiter removed by PBD.i'm in love! great information. did you remove the 155mph limiter on the car or can they just go that fast?
Get them bought Steve, you know you want to.i need these in my life
waiting for you to fit 'em and tell me a) if they're worth it, and b) if you still have eardrums afterwards.Get them bought Steve, you know you want to.
How about, for christmaswaiting for you to fit 'em and tell me a) if they're worth it, and b) if you still have eardrums afterwards.
also can't put the power i have on the ground so would literally just be a vanity thing to get a higher power figure.
will do next year
OK...discovered this thread and read through it...looks like you are having a lot of fun. However a couple of questions:
1. What differential did you have in the GT before you got the 3.15 gears from the V6...what was the purpose? Are you hoping to swap out to a higher gear ratio and use the aluminum differential from the 3.15 due to it being lighter?
All UK cars come with a 3.55 ratio diff. The issue i had was the car hit the limiter at 182 in 5th. changing to 6th wont get me to 200 in 1 mile so i have to change the ratio. The 3.15 will have a top speed in 5th of 209. Also the diff is cast not aluminium.
2. Have you removed the rear seats / obtained a shelby rear seat delete kit...this might spruce things up a bit from an acceleration standpoint slightly
Nope and still have the baby seat in there.
3. Have you removed the center resonator from the exhaust assembly...not only is it heavy, but it is also a fairly good choke point for the exhaust (recommend replace with X-pipe
Magnaflow Tru-X is arriving today. System will be long tubes to 3" cat then down to 2.5" mid-pipes, Tru-X (opened up to 2.5" inlet from 2.25") then exit via 18+ active axle backs.
Reason for dropping to 2.5" is to keep noise down. Should still get a good power increase.
4. Recommend obtaining BMR differential lockout kit.
Have looked at this but also read it increases NVH.
5. What tires are you running?
Currently Vredestien ultrac vorti's. Have made contact with Vredestein to see what testing the tyres have been through regarding high speeds. They are Y rated same as what you find on many supercars, Michelins etc.
Cheers from across the pond,
Go on, just click buy it now, no one will know.don't tempt me