Sponsored

My stupid question of this week,

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
2017 base Mustang Ecoboost. Base as in cloth seats. On the side of the upper seat back it a cloth loop that does unsnap.

What is the intended function of these loops? Simply grab loops for pulling the seat forward? Can't believe that they are there to pull the seat back for a rear passenger.……….heck there is no rook for a rear seat passenger.

Maybe to route the seatbelt through so that it doesn't lay across your neck as your driving.

If you care to share, I'm hear to learn.
Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
2017 base Mustang Ecoboost. Base as in cloth seats. On the side of the upper seat back it a cloth loop that does unsnap.

What is the intended function of these loops? Simply grab loops for pulling the seat forward? Can't believe that they are there to pull the seat back for a rear passenger.……….heck there is no rook for a rear seat passenger.

Maybe to route the seatbelt through so that it doesn't lay across your neck as your driving.

If you care to share, I'm hear to learn.
This

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Seat belt strap.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
You route the seatbelt strap through it so the belt stays in place. It makes the belt easier to reach and it prevents the belt from laying across your neck.

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
Kind of figured this, but the answer seemed too simple to simply assume as such.

Thanks,

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Another seat belt tip I learned on this forum - if your seat belt rides high on your neck (mine did) you can get seat belt extensions free from the dealer. I went to the dealer closest to my house instead of where I bought the car, they ordered them for me, no charge.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Another seat belt tip I learned on this forum - if your seat belt rides high on your neck (mine did) you can get seat belt extensions free from the dealer. I went to the dealer closest to my house instead of where I bought the car, they ordered them for me, no charge.
I've had that problem on occasion since these are not adjustable. I like to keep my seat low.

Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored