Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
They are matte. Not QUITE as pretty as in the promo pics but still impressive.
i think they are quite good looking, and extremely unique , yes they are matte

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Nice!!!
My son and I saw one like yours at the local deal a week ago; we both LOVED the color too!

Stoopid question: Do the holes in the grill eventually get driving lights? Are they not a factory supplied item like in the old days with the GT equipment group?

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Nice!!!
My son and I saw one like yours at the local deal a week ago; we both LOVED the color too!

Stoopid question: Do the holes in the grill eventually get driving lights? Are they not a factory supplied item like in the old days with the GT equipment group?
My understanding is that the covers are removable and you can either leave them off for additional cooling, or put what will be available eventually as lights from aftermarket. Only thing, none of us have been able to find how to remove the covers in any of the manuals lol...

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is that the covers are removable and you can either leave them off for additional cooling, or put what will be available eventually as lights from aftermarket. Only thing, none of us have been able to find how to remove the covers in any of the manuals lol...
From what it looked like to me, the covers were held in place by simple "tabs" which extend into the light/air duct bezel/housing. To remove them, I would try to either get behind it (radiator side), pushing the disc in the center to deform it enough to pull the tabs inward and out of their slots (or, depending on any I.D. changes in the bezel, maybe do the same from outside, pushing inward?). Or, using a very sharp/Exacto type of knife, cut 1 or 2 of the tabs off (opposite sides, right at the housing/bezel surface) which will make it easier to flex one way and pull the remaining tabs out of their slots...

Granted, this "high tech" analysis we gleaned from looking at them for a total of about 1 minute from outside the car in a dealer lot. It would have been nice to get at them from the radiator side if possible to look for alternative methods.
As always, your mileage may vary...
banghead.gif

Nice Car! Thanks for showing...
boobs.gif
head3.gif
favorites13.gif

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
From what it looked like to me, the covers were held in place by simple "tabs" which extend into the light/air duct bezel/housing. To remove them, I would try to either get behind it (radiator side), pushing the disc in the center to deform it enough to pull the tabs inward and out of their slots (or, depending on any I.D. changes in the bezel, maybe do the same from outside, pushing inward?). Or, using a very sharp/Exacto type of knife, cut 1 or 2 of the tabs off (opposite sides, right at the housing/bezel surface) which will make it easier to flex one way and pull the remaining tabs out of their slots...

Granted, this "high tech" analysis we gleaned from looking at them for a total of about 1 minute from outside the car in a dealer lot. It would have been nice to get at them from the radiator side if possible to look for alternative methods.
As always, your mileage may vary...
banghead.gif

Nice Car! Thanks for showing...
boobs.gif
head3.gif
favorites13.gif
Thanks for the compliments! Honestly haven’t had a chance to look closely yet. Will try to this weekend.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Looks great!

I wonder if the aftermarket will come out with a rear set of fender trim to match the front styling?
I’ve reached out to the company that makes the fronts, waiting to hear back. Hopefully they are interested!
Air design USA is the company that makes the fronts for Ford. I talked with them today and they are not interested in making matching rear wheel moldings.

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
This car turns heads. Especially other mustang owners who may have never heard it was coming out again. Kinda fun to watch them figure out what they are looking at. I’ve had many thumbs up already.
All that have ordered this fantastic car I don’t think you will be disappointed

Driving in traffic today. Guy next to me blowing horn asking me to roll down window. He wants to know all about my Mach 1, full of compliments. I could see the look on his wifes face, kinda like Oh crap, now he is going to want to buy one. :):)

That makes a car fun to own.:thumbsup:

FordBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2021 F-150
OP, can't wait to see more pics! Looking good!

Way to go, Ford - dangle the front flare carrot then cheap out and snatch it away. They would have been helpful in keeping rock chips at bay with that tire poke.
The front wheel flares are shipped through parts. I received mine a week ahead of the car. I also got my cover early and received a call today from Ford that they will be shipping another one as these early ones are incorrect. No front splitter, though... no good answer from Ford yet other than “we’re looking into it”.

Sponsored

FordBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2021 F-150
dealer says the additional front splitter has a part # and is on order guide, but not the fender flares. This is what they've been able to find out so far. Just want to reitirate, none of this is a deal breaker for me. Just informing everyone some of the issues they might expect if getting an HP equipped car. May be some bugs to work out
Flares are shipped through parts. I received mine a week ahead of the car. Front splitter is AWOL, however. Ford is “looking into it” for me. Stay tuned.

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The front wheel flares are shipped through parts. I received mine a week ahead of the car. I also got my cover early and received a call today from Ford that they will be shipping another one as these early ones are incorrect. No front splitter, though... no good answer from Ford yet other than “we’re looking into it”.
I missed your post about the cover. Did you get a Mach 1 cover? Mine came in the mail today and it was a bullitt cover.

John Houseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar Convertible, 2000 F-250, 2013 F-150, 2020 F-150 PREVIOUSLY Owned 1982 Mustaang GT, 1986 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang V-6, 2005 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible, 2008 Shelby GT500,
Isn’t anyone getting a color besides silver?! (I ordered it too.) I seem to only remember seeing posts about one black, one blue and a few grays.
Haven't ordered yet, but I'll be getting White. Just my preference this time. All the delivered cars have looked great. Waiting to see if Ford will offer new colors for 2022. If not, it's White.

Last edited:

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Haven't ordered yet, but I'll be getting White. Just my preference this time. All the delivered cars have looked great. Waiting to see if Ford will offer new colors for 2022. If not, it's White.
The dealer I saw the silver one at also had an range color one too... Reminded my of the '69-'70 orange Machs...
My son and I both liked the silver one a hair better though; your mileage may vary...

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Driving in traffic today. Guy next to me blowing horn asking me to roll down window. He wants to know all about my Mach 1, full of compliments. I could see the look on his wifes face, kinda like Oh crap, now he is going to want to buy one. :):)

That makes a car fun to own.:thumbsup:
Dang, he thinks that car is hotter than me.
Sponsored