Sponsored

My Silver HP Mach 1 has arrived !

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
At this point, they are telling me it's the truckers fault for reasons, and that there is a claims process they have to do now. I asked if I have to wait to recieve the splitter until that is resolved, and there was not a clear answer. I believe they said it was listed and checked off on the loose items checklist?
Does the parts guy at the dealer have an s550? Maybe he has a fancy new splitter on his car lol
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The dealer should take it upon themselves to order another splitter immediately and deal with the issue they or the "trucker" have through internal process. It is wholly unacceptable for them to act otherwise considering, and I assume, they were paid in full.

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
The dealer should take it upon themselves to order another splitter immediately and deal with the issue they or the "trucker" have through internal process. It is wholly unacceptable for them to act otherwise considering, and I assume, they were paid in full.
I completely agree with you, and i may have to take a stand with them on Saturday morning over that and the fact that the wheel got scraped when unloading from truck. When I pointed it out, and asked if they will replace, I never got a straight answer yet. Little disappointing to be honest. I hate to walk over this, especially with how long I've waited for this particular car . I think they would call my bluff and say fine, slap a big ADM sticker on it and think they will make more $$ off the next guy.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I completely agree with you, and i may have to take a stand with them on Saturday morning over that and the fact that the wheel got scraped when unloading from truck. When I pointed it out, and asked if they will replace, I never got a straight answer yet. Little disappointing to be honest. I hate to walk over this, especially with how long I've waited for this particular car . I think they would call my bluff and say fine, slap a big ADM sticker on it and think they will make more $$ off the next guy.
After seeing how Ford reacted recently to the dealer that had the adm on a Mach-e and Ford stepped in, if your situation unfortunately ends up that way they might like to hear about it. Hopefully they do the right thing and take care of you.

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
After seeing how Ford reacted recently to the dealer that had the adm on a Mach-e and Ford stepped in, if your situation unfortunately ends up that way they might like to hear about it. Hopefully they do the right thing and take care of you.
Yeah going to have to think about how to approach Saturday

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd be clear and reasonable in the approach. If the splitter no longer exists, for whatever reason, the solution is simple. Dealer orders another splitter via their parts department (and I suspect it may be a while for it to come in) and they deal with their own internal issues on their own time. That's all there is to it and whatever happened in transport is not your concern.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd be clear and reasonable in the approach. If the splitter no longer exists, for whatever reason, the solution is simple. Dealer orders another splitter via their parts department (and I suspect it may be a while for it to come in) and they deal with their own internal issues on their own time. That's all there is to it and whatever happened in transport is not your concern.
This.

And I would add if I may, it is likely you will be so freakin' excited about the car that it would be easy to over look the details. I would make sure whatever the dealer commits to on replacing the wheel and getting the splitter is done in writing. Once a car is signed for, everyone gets amnesia.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
All good they found them. Thanks again for your help !
are the wheel well lips black or the color of the mirror caps, rear spoiler?

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
Alright. Ford once again, along with the dealer network simply aren't on the same page. Plenty of Bullitt, GT350, and GT500 owners have gone through this with vehicle covers, camber plates, etc. Ford chooses to ship certain items to a given dealer's parts department. Usually, these items are shipped in advance of the vehicle arriving at the dealer. Problem for many is that they get "lost" or are "given" to someone else. I was just informed that the "Wheel Lip Moldings Set" that is intended to be matched to a corresponding Mach 1 purchase is one of those items. So here we go again.

Anyway, I asked the gentleman that will be taking delivery of the silver Mach 1 HP I posted photos of before if he could get any photos, etc, so the parts department of the dealer that he bought his car through obliged. The flares have been sitting there waiting for the car to come in. Note the label that shows who makes them for Ford.

111102.jpeg

111103.jpeg

111101.jpeg

111101.jpg

So this is on your dealer to get their act together. It'll be interesting to hear if they try a "we never got them" or "we're told this car doesn't come with them" excuse. Benefit of the doubt, they'll inquire with Flat Rock and if there is any issue they will simply get the job done and get them to you.

Bottom line, these are dealer installed as they are not installed on the assembly line or in the mod shop.
And now we have a part number for the mouldings! Fender flares for everyone! 🍻

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Yup that’s what I’m going to push tomorrow I agree

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
This.

And I would add if I may, it is likely you will be so freakin' excited about the car that it would be easy to over look the details. I would make sure whatever the dealer commits to on replacing the wheel and getting the splitter is done in writing. Once a car is signed for, everyone gets amnesia.
That’s the problem. They know I’m over the moon about car and may be counting on me not threatening to walk if they don’t make this right. Will insist on any reparations being in writing for sure

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
are the wheel well lips black or the color of the mirror caps, rear spoiler?
Believe they match the front splitter color. But should be same color we’ve seen in all the media photos

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I think they would call my bluff and say fine, slap a big ADM sticker on it and think they will make more $$ off the next guy.
This indeed sounds like a possibility. Especially if you "rightfully" get under their skin in further negotiations. :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
This indeed sounds like a possibility. Especially if you "rightfully" get under their skin in further negotiations. :fingerscrossed:
I may have to appeal to their integrity such as it may be. I don’t even know if they will push back just a feeling I got last I spoke of the issues with sales rep Hopefully they will do right thing and be sure I’m satisfied
Sponsored