Sponsored

My Silver HP Mach 1 has arrived !

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You know it's at the forefront in my mind. Without them installed, I would have at least expected them to show on the "loose items checklist" sticker on the window. Very interesting that yours did not come with them.

I think your dealer can check via your VIN to see if they are listed on the HVBOM. Ask them.

Pre-production model just posted in the colors thread...

21MY Mach 1 Twister Orange HP 1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You know it's at the forefront in my mind. Without them installed, I would have at least expected them to show on the "loose items checklist" sticker on the window. Very interesting that yours did not come with them.

I think your dealer can check via your VIN to see if they are listed on the HVBOM. Ask them.
or shout out to @Zach@Granger, he might know the story with them since he’s a Ford Dealer.

It is kind of odd they would not be shipped or come with the car at all, unless of course it’s one of those “running changes”, which Ford is not obligated to provide any such parts even if advertising and literature shows them on preproduction cars...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the case of the HP it may also have been a supply issue that they weren't willing to keep the car from being produced any longer...

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908

Pre-production model just posted in the colors thread...

21MY Mach 1 Twister Orange HP 1.jpg
so bizarre right? dealer said not listed on the loose items checklist and actually not even listed on the order guide.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
or shout out to @Zach@Granger, he might know the story with them since he’s a Ford Dealer.

It is kind of odd they would not be shipped or come with the car at all, unless of course it’s one of those “running changes”, which Ford is not obligated to provide any such parts even if advertising and literature shows them on preproduction cars...
i did touch base with Zach, he hasn't had any HP models in yet either.

Here's the kicker, also the car is missing the additional front splitter for HP. wasnt' shipped with car. They will order no problem, but right now my VIN not even in system for them to order it yet.

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Curious if the dealer has looked for them in the trunk/car or maybe they are packaged with the second splitter or gurney flap?
yeah, I even looked myself yesterday. Only the Gurney was in trunk.

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Here are two more photos after some cleaning today. Now has Gurney flap attached as well

A69F4249-A6BF-4219-8D45-75FAE2617E0C.jpeg

994F547F-8AA9-4F78-8F2B-F313EF24ADE8.jpeg

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
i did touch base with Zach, he hasn't had any HP models in yet either.

Here's the kicker, also the car is missing the additional front splitter for HP. wasnt' shipped with car. They will order no problem, but right now my VIN not even in system for them to order it yet.
that is crazy. Leads me to maybe believe the lips are just misplaced as well. I couldn’t see Ford getting rid of the lips and the front splitter...

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
that is crazy. Leads me to maybe believe the lips are just misplaced as well. I couldn’t see Ford getting rid of the lips and the front splitter...
dealer says the additional front splitter has a part # and is on order guide, but not the fender flares. This is what they've been able to find out so far. Just want to reitirate, none of this is a deal breaker for me. Just informing everyone some of the issues they might expect if getting an HP equipped car. May be some bugs to work out

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have been using the same shop for several past vehicles. I just tell then to go as dark as is legal in my state. They always look good, especially with black interiors. I do not do the windshield .

Automotive Window Tint Laws in Kentucky:
Windshield:Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows:Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows:Must allow more than 18% of light in.
Rear Window:Must allow more than 18% of light in.
Do you leave the windshield due to local law or personal preference?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Here are two more photos after some cleaning today. Now has Gurney flap attached as well

A69F4249-A6BF-4219-8D45-75FAE2617E0C.jpeg

994F547F-8AA9-4F78-8F2B-F313EF24ADE8.jpeg
Gurney flap makes your car look really aggressive. Is the wing finished in the same magnetic color as the mirrors?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have been using the same shop for several past vehicles. I just tell then to go as dark as is legal in my state. They always look good, especially with black interiors. I do not do the windshield .

Automotive Window Tint Laws in Kentucky:
Windshield:Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows:Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows:Must allow more than 18% of light in.
Rear Window:Must allow more than 18% of light in.
Thanks. Did you not tint the front windshield for local laws or personal preferences?

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Gurney flap makes your car look really aggressive. Is the wing finished in the same magnetic color as the mirrors?
I haven't seen it yet on the car in person, still at dealer, I take ownership on Saturday. But I believe it is yes.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dealer says the additional front splitter has a part # and is on order guide, but not the fender flares. This is what they've been able to find out so far. Just want to reitirate, none of this is a deal breaker for me. Just informing everyone some of the issues they might expect if getting an HP equipped car. May be some bugs to work out
Again, have the dealer look at the HVBOM. If your salesman has no clue then call the parts department and go through it with them. I'm on the horn now about the flares and think I have an answer for you...
Sponsored