Sponsored

My R is en route! few questions coming from having the normal car

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
hey all,
sorry if some of this is reiteration as I did try to search, but a few questions as I'm moving from my AG 2017 350 to the AG 350r next week. most likely moving over my radar, sub, eibach springs, red piped floor mats, FP red shift knob. I'm going to also add 20% tint and suntek PPF like on my last one, and since I drive my current 350 all the damn time, I'm gonna add back in the rear seat for my 6 and 4 year old...they love the Shelby way more than the other cars so I want them to be able to enjoy it with me.

few questions for those that DD or drive their R often:

matte black stripes: has anyone used a matte ceramic coating on the stripes? when installing ppf, did you take the film to the edge of the stripe, use matte ppf on the stripes, and them continue with the clear ppf? has anyone tried using matte ppf on their whole black roof (I'm thinking about this to hide the dust buildup on the roof...my current car has AG with glass stripes on the roof).

splitter: my normal car already scrapes a bunch but hasn't been a concern for me really as the splitter still looks fine and I have an extra anyways (and assume ill keep it in storage just in case). does the R splitter scrape a TON more? is it just as durable?

tires: summer is coming up so Ill enjoy the heck out of the cup 2's like I do on my m4 gts...BUT, I drove my 350 quite a bit in the cold months and during the rain this last year. have many people swapped to supersports or have 2 sets of wheels?

moral of the story here:) I think the normal car was probably everything I needed and probably even a better fit for me day to day. BUT, I seriously love how these cars drive and have always been enamored with the R and what it brings to the table...tangible and intangible. when I finally found AG combo I wanted I figured, go for it. any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have run MPSS while snowing on track (granted it was a focus RS) and they have plenty of bite but they were warm.

It's still my favorite all around tire I have ever run.

Do you track your cars? If it was me and I had an R I would save the wheels/cups for the track and have a set that I wouldn't be afraid of banging up on the street.

I can't help you with anything else.

Nice garage.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Drive it everyday, no stripes

Get PPF on sides, ahead of rear wheel on quarter panel. That's the part on my car that's gotten ruined.

I have 2 sets of wheels, those carbon wheels and track rubber is too pricey to waste on daily driving.

Personally, the alcantara in the seats is a problem. I'm super careful and this alcantara looks tired. I put carpet sticky plastic on top to help me slide and not drag the alcantara everytime. Hopefully, I can reskin the seats.

That splitter does hit a lot of things, but most importantly, leave plenty of room when you park, that the way to crack it. Otherwise, they take the abuse from the bottom pretty well. That being said, I have a new spare of those as well in the shop from when the time comes.
MVIMG_20171021_143504 (1).jpg

OP
OP

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
all good info..thanks!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I did a ceramic coating on my car and on the matte stripes. The stripes soak up a bit more of the fluid than the paint does, but doesn’t change their appearance or finish once it cures.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I did a ceramic coating on my car and on the matte stripes. The stripes soak up a bit more of the fluid than the paint does, but doesn’t change their appearance or finish once it cures.
perfect, thanks!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
AG R, no stipes, black roof, entire car PPF. I went from a TP with no splitter issue. The R is a bit more of a concern but not due to the height but rather the length. It sticks out quite a bit more. I have mangeled mine a few times on and off track. Heat gun ad formed back into shape.

OP
OP

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
the new car made it! so far its all I hoped it would be although ive gotten very little seat time as it's getting filmed now...front clip ppf and matte ppf on the roof.
I was worried I wouldn't like the black roof but so far I'm a fan. the differences are minimal to non-car people obviously, but I'm excited.
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I love that color - if it was still available for '18, that with white stripes would have been near or at the top of my list.

OP
OP

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I love that color - if it was still available for '18, that with white stripes would have been near or at the top of my list.
Thanks! ya my truck is AG also so I really wanted it again. I also really wanted white stripes as I thought it would help the car look cleaner if nothing else, but missed a car a few weeks ago that was like that. seeing the black stripes in matte though still made me happy overall.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats! What's your chassis #? What a great day!

I love watching all these R's arrive, it's awesome!

OP
OP

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
^^^very cool!

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I got a second set of wheels with MPSS in R sizes. Wheels are Full Forged from Vibe Motorsports.
vibe1.jpg
Sponsored