Sponsored

My Quick Front Swithback LED Turn Signal Story...

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Been using them for a month and a half with no issues. I taped the socket connections just to be sure.

At first I liked the galloping, but after a while it got irritating.:headbonk:

Never owned a BMW, so I do use my signals.:lol:
Cool any Install hints?

Do the Sockets Seal against the lens good?

What did you do with the resistors? Leave them hang, supposrt them somehow?

TIA!!
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
you only fit the LED in the lense not everything, lol

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Cool any Install hints?

Do the Sockets Seal against the lens good?

What did you do with the resistors? Leave them hang, supposrt them somehow?

TIA!!
The sockets seal against the lens real well. I bundled things up and wire tied them. Ideally you would want to attach the heat sinks to some metal, but there's really no place for that. I made sure to separate them and keep some room around them. My car isn't a DD, but I was running around for a couple of hours in near 100 degree heat a few times last week without any problems.

Here's the thread where I discovered them - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56722&highlight=switchback
Post 20 has a picture.

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The sockets seal against the lens real well. I bundled things up and wire tied them. Ideally you would want to attach the heat sinks to some metal, but there's really no place for that. I made sure to separate them and keep some room around them. My car isn't a DD, but I was running around for a couple of hours in near 100 degree heat a few times last week without any problems.

Here's the thread where I discovered them - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56722&highlight=switchback
Post 20 has a picture.
Thank you I ordered the JDM Astar version off Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Resistors-Warning-Cancellor/dp/B017VCJZPK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470165812&sr=8-10&keywords=jdm+astar+resistor

Look like the same thing... I saw that thread, I will bundle them up like that as well, with maybe some silicon tape around the stock socket...

Appreciate the reply!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well, I had some time this morning and was able to install my switchback harness, I purchased from Amazon here....

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Resistors-Warning-Cancellor/dp/B017VCJZPK/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470322632&sr=8-4-fkmr3&keywords=jdm+astar+7440+resistors+switchaback

I found the following while doing so:

1.) The harness did not fit well at all into the stock harness... it would basically fall out if I didn't tape with with some silicon tape.

2.) The harness Socket for me was a PIA to install (sitting on the ground) into the stock lens and get it locked in properly. It takes some pushing and turning at the right point, sorry I cannot be more specific than that in the end it was prolly dumb luck, that I got them locked in.

3.) I found all of these parts to be made cheaply, the prongs on the harness as well as the bulbs bend easy and seem always on the verge of breaking off when you try to bend them back. They became bent if I tried them in the socket then removed them.

4.) The resistors, do get very hot, I measured them with my Laser thermometer and the get over 300 degress!!! (Prolly the same as a lightbulb), so make sure they dont touch anything..

Here are pictures of my drivers side and passenger side:
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

After the install all works well, no more galloping horse indicators, So I will run them and see how they work over time....

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So after almost three years, Im having difficulties with my LED resistor harnesses.... I had one side that was not connecting well, the other side was fine, so I dismantled the harness connections an now both Inner Parking lights do not light, so Im wondering why? Also I found that I cannot put the stock bulbs even back into the stock harness they fall out... Anyone else have experience after running fine with this setup....

any other insights from others running these?
Sponsored