Sponsored

My Quick Front Swithback LED Turn Signal Story...

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I purchased a set of switchback LED turn signal light along with side markers off Amazon...

I installed them.... all was well, until I couldn't stand the hyperflash blinker noise....

Decided to buy resistors to stop the problem and tap them into the light harness...

At the beginning of the resistor installation, I unplugged the Switchback LED and took them out and noticed some brown soot on the sockets, (the LED's were getting very hot)...

After examining the thin wires I would have to tap the resistors into, and the small workspace I would be doing it in I decided against it.... I did not want to screw up the stock harness...

So, I decided to reinstall my stock lights and forget about the switchbacks...

Just things to consider if you guys decide to go that route....

YMMV.....

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The discoloration on your factory turn signal housings was more likely caused by the heat from your OEM incandescent turn signal bulbs. It's extremely common and will appear on nearly every turn signal socket when an incandescent bulb is installed for a prolonged period of time. That's how they come from the factory and it's nothing to worry about.

LEDs will produce far less heat than your factory incandescent bulbs

If you are installing resistors on your 2015+ Mustang, here's the proper wire colors for the 2015 Mustang turn signals are:

DRIVER: Black, Blue
PASS: Black, Yellow

Thank you,
Nick C.

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The discoloration on your factory turn signal housings was more likely caused by the heat from your OEM incandescent turn signal bulbs. It's extremely common and will appear on nearly every turn signal socket when an incandescent bulb is installed for a prolonged period of time. That's how they come from the factory and it's nothing to worry about.

LEDs will produce far less heat than your factory incandescent bulbs

If you are installing resistors on your 2015+ Mustang, here's the proper wire colors for the 2015 Mustang turn signals are:

DRIVER: Black, Blue
PASS: Black, Yellow

Thank you,
Nick C.
Hey Nick,
Thank you for the reply!!, I'm over them really, when there is a plug and play solution for hyperflashing, I might go that route....

I really dont want to screw up the factory wiring...

It's not that important to me, others might see it differently, which I understand...

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey Nick,
Thank you for the reply!!, I'm over them really, when there is a plug and play solution for hyperflashing, I might go that route....

I really dont want to screw up the factory wiring...

It's not that important to me, others might see it differently, which I understand...

I understand completely, but the 2015+ Mustang doesn't "hyperflash" per say, with LEDs installed in the turn signal location. It will only affect the dash indicator. Just want to mention that so others don't get confused.

Thank you,
Nick C.

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I understand completely, but the 2015+ Mustang doesn't "hyperflash" per say, with LEDs installed in the turn signal location. It will only affect the dash indicator. Just want to mention that so others don't get confused.

Thank you,
Nick C.

Yes understood you are correct... the indicator itself not the LED switchback...

Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
my story is quite different - spent 15 minutes in my garage and loved the ease of install and parts. Don't mind the blinker noise since I don't use blinkers anyway (last car was a BMW). :D

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
my story is quite different - spent 15 minutes in my garage and loved the ease of install and parts. Don't mind the blinker noise since I don't use blinkers anyway (last car was a BMW). :D
Same here........the different blinker noise doesn't bother me. It sounds like a Mustang galloping :cheers:

OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I don't even get into the whole story with people. If someone is riding with me for the first time and notices the "strange" blinker sound, I just say "yeh, it sounds like a horse galloping" and they think it's hilarious that Ford added that "feature" to the Mustang.

I don't even notice it at all...ever, and unlike BMW driver up there ^, I use my signal ALL the time. I don't get why it bothers people so much but to each their own.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murphjup

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't even get into the whole story with people. If someone is riding with me for the first time and notices the "strange" blinker sound, I just say "yeh, it sounds like a horse galloping" and they think it's hilarious that Ford added that "feature" to the Mustang.

I don't even notice it at all...ever, and unlike BMW driver up there ^, I use my signal ALL the time. I don't get why it bothers people so much but to each their own.
Well I think we all hear differently, to me it sounds like it clicks twice as much in the same interval as the stock blinker... way too much clicking for me... sounds broke to me...:thumbsup:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Are you using these? They have had varied comments on this forum some say they work with the universal fixture, some say it doesn't fit well into the lens socket, whats your experience?

The 2015+ Mustang uses a true 7444 socket, so most universal 7443 fitment products will not fit correctly.

Nick C.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I have those resistors. And what Nick said above is correct - the plug/sockets are just slightly off. I've had mine in for a few weeks though and no issues with them popping out or anything getting in the housing.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Are you using these? They have had varied comments on this forum some say they work with the universal fixture, some say it doesn't fit well into the lens socket, whats your experience?

Been using them for a month and a half with no issues. I taped the socket connections just to be sure.

At first I liked the galloping, but after a while it got irritating.:headbonk:

Never owned a BMW, so I do use my signals.:lol:
Sponsored