Sponsored

My Northern Pony

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Sooo... yesterday I FINALLY got my ass down to the dealership and picked up my lovely "little" car. :eyebulge:

OMG :love:

It just felt... RIGHT. But boy does this little car want to run! I had approximately a 600km drive home and I could feel the car being "bored" at highway speeds, it just wanted more more more.

Please don't tell anyone :gossip:, but I let it run... it ripped loose and got me to speeds that are far above the legal limit (and jeopardized my license :cool:) and STILL it wanted more more more.

Well, I guess this isn't much news to you folks already WITH your cars :cheers:

And the speed and power it would deliver even in third gear just amazes me... though I found driving with varied RPM to be really hard as the auto seems to love cruising around 1500-2000 RPM. I ended up putting it in sports to do several "break in" pulls (3rd gear revs from 2k to 6k and engine brake down) during the first 100 k's as I was maybe told in the other thread.

For most of the drive (sans above) I had it in drive and Snow&Wet mode. I smiled the first time the orange "skidding" icon lit up - I didn't feel a thing so I figured this was going to be a breeze... then I did a high speed pass :eyebulge: and the rear started letting loose (I believe with higher RPMS and the turbo kicking in it got be too much for the rear to hang onto).

Nothing I couldn't handle as I've done this before, but it's been 20 years since I drove a RWD engine so a little adjusting period is to be expected :D :D

About halfway across the mountains the snow turned powdery and the roads under frozen at around -10'C... and things began being a bit tiresome... driving behind other cars was really tough because all the snow just flew up and reduced visibility 50%, and the mountain roads are no high roads. Lots of turns and narrow straights so passing was hard.

But... just... :hail: :ford: :first:

So I'm no longer waiting :D just driving :clap2:

3rd Feb'16
So I've been waiting for my dealer to send me a few photos from delivery day... I have to admit I was to busy oogling over the car to even think of taking any photos myself :frusty: And the weather outside now really isn't for photoshoots either (and with sleet/hail no top down high way photos! SORRY! :D)

This car is cray-cray-crazy though... or maybe it's our low speed limits... or my driving style... but I always seem to hit the turbo exactly at the moment when I reach the speed limit and let off the throttle... MEANING... the car just gets a big speed burst and I need to brake to avoid incidents :( Can't wait for clear summer roads to take it into sport mode :)

I have these from earlier and as you can see I have a very special front on my car :love: This was the 5th 'Stang they delivered in Norway, and the first 'vert I believe so it's pretty unique so far... (and with our prices and penchant for SUVs I think it's going to stay like that...)

8th Feb '16
So, the bad ...
- uhm, there are back seats in this thing??
- why do I have truckers mirrors??
- parking camera?! well if only it would keep clean :D

Seriously though, for those following all the posts here you may have noticed my biggest issue seem to be Norwegian cars are getting the US software... which is NOT compatible with EU map cards. I tried to do a voice navigation today to be promptly told it was not compatible with my SD card and to go to syncmyride.com :(

From the outside the mirrors don't bother me too much - though I would have preferred slightly wider mirrors than just simply taller... I now see way too much road and sky :D Though... I also see those lovely "hips" :love:

Oh, and this:

12th April '16
Snow is almost gone and the temps are at 10'C... I convinced myself to drop the top and cruise around.

Gotten a few stares and questions by now... people want to know how much HP it has, and what it cost :D (a lot!). A dad with family in his Tesla Model S P85D drove by... kid inside wasn't too impressed with the toy car I think because he kept oogling the Mustang ;)

Had a little photo shoot for myself next to some snow...

Also tested out my one and only mod so far... now you see it...

Now you don't ;)

Also grabbed a shot of the strange EU homologated seat belt holder on the seats, as I think this is unique to the convertibles and we don't have many of the EU 2016 'verts here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Congratulations!! Looks like we're representing the North now ;) You can just feel the enthusiasm in your post. How wonderful to have a car one can LOVE! Have fun!! :D

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Pics plz and congrats on your mustang

Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
It's currently snowed in - looks like a polar bear or something but I'll see what I can manage :D

fastpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
QUOTE=gojensen;1051334]
About halfway across the mountains the snow turned powdery and the roads under frozen at around -10'C... and things began being a bit tiresome... driving behind other cars was really tough because all the snow just flew up and reduced visibility 50%, and the mountain roads are no high roads. Lots of turns and narrow straights so passing was hard.

Jezus:eyebulge:!!! And I keep my car inside for only salty roads:)!!!
Didn't see one snowflake this winter!!!
Maybe I just have to drive that stang instead of protecting it from bad
weather.
Anyway,congrats man and welcome in the "drivin" club:thumbsup:!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congratulations!

This thread do lack something...

Where are the pictures? :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Congratulations my friend! It seems that these are the days of northern delivery!!

Don't worry about the car being a polar bear.. we appreciate these pictures too! No snow here so it will be a nice image. And as friendgr said, we want pictures with top down driving on the highway :headbang:

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
So I've been waiting for my dealer to send me a few photos from delivery day... I have to admit I was to busy oogling over the car to even think of taking any photos myself :frusty: And the weather outside now really isn't for photoshoots either (and with sleet/hail no top down high way photos! SORRY! :D)

This car is cray-cray-crazy though... or maybe it's our low speed limits... or my driving style... but I always seem to hit the turbo exactly at the moment when I reach the speed limit and let off the throttle... MEANING... the car just gets a big speed burst and I need to brake to avoid incidents :( Can't wait for clear summer roads to take it into sport mode :)

I have these from earlier and as you can see I have a very special front on my car :love: This was the 5th 'Stang they delivered in Norway, and the first 'vert I believe so it's pretty unique so far... (and with our prices and penchant for SUVs I think it's going to stay like that...)

Pics in the OP. Not sure why they turn out so big! But there they are ;)
Sponsored