Sponsored

My next convertible ... another Mustang GT? Something else? Misc rambling!

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Finally.
Wow! Now _that_ is orange! De-chroming was a fantastic mod.

I know, right? :D

The wife drove it yesterday - it was pretty sexy too - anyway (sorry :D), when she was coming down the street I was like _daaaamn_ that's hard to miss :)

When I say drove it, it was like 7 blocks to pick up the little G, hahaha, but it's a start. It's the first time she's operated one of my cars in like 10 years.

Those photos have a slight tweak that brings out the orange a little more, I felt like it closer to how it appears in person vs. photos - the color is super dynamic, it goes from a dark, metallic orange to a much lighter, pearly orange.

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was going to swap out to the new black lugs (same style), but the old red are working for me for now - they're really faded, so they kind of look orange at this point. :)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

The wife drove it yesterday - it was pretty sexy too - anyway (sorry :D), when she was coming down the street I was like _daaaamn_ that's hard to miss :)

When I say drove it, it was like 7 blocks to pick up the little G, hahaha, but it's a start. It's the first time she's operated one of my cars in like 10 years.

Those photos have a slight tweak that brings out the orange a little more, I felt like it closer to how it appears in person vs. photos - the color is super dynamic, it goes from a dark, metallic orange to a much lighter, pearly orange.
Whatever your little tweak was works. You have a spiritual twin in my garage at work and your photos as they appear on my screen nail the coloration.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Whatever your little tweak was works. You have a spiritual twin in my garage at work and your photos as they appear on my screen nail the coloration.

Hahaha, when my friend across the street came over he's like, wow, that's some color - I said, yeah, it's called race red, it matches J's car right? Like maybe it's a few shades different - he panicked for a second, I think he thought I was being serious :D

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
BTW - I have hard-headed versions of both our cars side-by-side on my desk. Just worked out that way.

diecasts (2).jpg

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
BTW - I have hard-headed versions of both our cars side-by-side on my desk. Just worked out that way.

diecasts (2).jpg
Ha! Fun!

Maisto makes nice models, I've got a few of those and some AutoArt, umm, some of them got wrecked because the little one was just enthralled by them, and how can you deny your baby girl wanting to play with car models :D

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@tj@steeda

Nice, and no, it's totally OK you posted that in my thread, that just means I get an extra discount :D

Are you going to offer any of the SpeedKore components separately? I hit up their site to check them out, get some pricing, but the latter was "Call for price ..." , I thought maybe offered through Steeda you could just shop prices without all the mystery :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, just throwing some extra options out there for you :)

Speedkore, not at the moment, they are just doing the special edition with us but we'll see what the partnership brings!

Your always welcome to hit me up & I can see what kind of discounts can be extended

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Nice. After I brought home my Vert The Misses started borrowing it. Next thing you know she absconded it. She absolutely loves it. Now I have to save for another Mustang.

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice. After I brought home my Vert The Misses started borrowing it. Next thing you know she absconded it. She absolutely loves it. Now I have to save for another Mustang.
Hahaha, I hope my plan doesn't succeed quite that well. It's more like be __able__ to drive it, not __want__ to drive it ... :crackup:

(She loves her DD/RT)
Sponsored