Sponsored

My new PR 12.5 seconds @ 112.65 mph (E30/ bolt on/ stock turbo) 2018 Ecoboost Mustang 10r80 on street tires

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
DA at the track was 1700 - 2000 ft above sea level.

My car had approximately half tank of E30 fuel, 33 psi cold (front tires), and 25 psi warm (rear tires).

sV0wBsnJqgmGrvDrdJpWG7IjXG&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.jpg

Sponsored

Ackbar00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT / 1969 Mustang 302
I used to screw around with Ecoboost Stangs in my Focus ST. Glad I never ran across one like yours, lol

Good Runs!

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
I used to screw around with Ecoboost Stangs in my Focus ST. Glad I never ran across one like yours, lol

Good Runs!
I was driving next to a Ford Focus ST twice yesterday while going back home from track, a white one and a yellow one, both had good burbling exhaust notes. Those are nice cars.

I keep the exterior of my car unchanged so it looks unassuming until people hear the exhaust, turbo whistle, and bov.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
That's quick for an ecoboost. I'm not real familiar with them, but wasn't it shifting a bit early or does the boost drop off at higher RPMs?

Ackbar00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT / 1969 Mustang 302
I was driving next to a Ford Focus ST twice yesterday while going back home from track, a white one and a yellow one, both had good burbling exhaust notes. Those are nice cars.

I keep the exterior of my car unchanged so it looks unassuming until people hear the exhaust, turbo whistle, and bov.
Prolly the best daily driver there is out there. Was a lot of fun and very practical. Mine was tuned, CMF DP, BOV and a Roush box. It ran a best of a 14.10@102. So it would have had the train ran on it by your car. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
That's quick for an ecoboost. I'm not real familiar with them, but wasn't it shifting a bit early or does the boost drop off at higher RPMs?
The boost starts to drop off a little after 6K rpm but I don't feel the power drop at all with this tune when I am driving it.

The E30 tune on my mine is still in progress, my tuner says there is a lot of room to improve it. The car will probably be capable of low 12s on street tires by the time it is done.

Prolly the best daily driver there is out there. Was a lot of fun and very practical. Mine was tuned, CMF DP, BOV and a Roush box. It ran a best of a 14.10@102. So it would have had the train ran on it by your car. ;)
The 2.0 Ecoboost motor is a semi closed deck, it is tougher than the 2.3 Ecoboost motor and can stand more boost. I wish I have a bigger budget so I can do a 2.0 Ecoboost head on my 2.3 block, go big turbo, and upgrade the fuel system to do E85.

I am a low budget kind of guy when it comes to cars so I use the most with what I got and spending not as much as others do on their cars.

Last edited:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Congrats that's a nice time, how much did you pick up from last time? I'm a little surprised you dont have wheel hop issues with that amount of torque and a trans tune( maybe mine does it because magneride and drag mode). Thought a trans tune would of shifted a little closer to drag mode

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
Congrats that's a nice time, how much did you pick up from last time? I'm a little surprised you dont have wheel hop issues with that amount of torque and a trans tune( maybe mine does it because magneride and drag mode). Thought a trans tune would of shifted a little closer to drag mode
My car is the base Ecoboost with 10R80 auto transmission, it has the 3:15 gears, no drag modes for me.:crazy: I use S mode and let the car do all the shifting during racing.

When the car was on the 93 octane tune, the best time was a 12.899 seconds @ 109.98 mph with a 1.946 seconds 60 foot. The car has the transmission tune already installed by this time.

The E30 tune alone so far has improved E.T. times by 0.399 seconds and 2.67 mph at the quarter mile. Track conditions on both times are pretty similar, the DA was worst though during my E30 tune record run.

The track prep at OSW Dragway (Orlando Speedworld Dragway) nowadays is very good, my best times have always been set at that track.

After the E30 tune is complete, I plan to install the BMR Cradle lock kit and SR Performance vertical links, that should help with getting better 60 foot times. I am still undecided on whether to have a shop do the installs or not, but I am going to keep reading up on posts made by others on how to do the install job right.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
After the E30 tune is complete, I plan to install the BMR Cradle lock kit and SR Performance vertical links, that should help with getting better 60 foot times. I am still undecided on whether to have a shop do the installs or not, but I am going to keep reading up on posts made by others on how to do the install job right.
The Vertical Links in the rear are simple. I don't do my own wrenching most of the time but I was able the get them done really easy with a jack and stands. Just remember that the top bolts and bottom bolts have different torque values. I followed some install video on youtube and he said to torque all bolts to 120ish ft/lbs.. I did that on the top bolt and snapped it.

I watched a few videos on the lockouts and its a little tougher. I was going to to do it on my own but I was also going to have the dealership install the Magnaride Handling Package so I just had them do the lockouts at the same time. They charged me an additional $100 to pop them in when the car was apart. The lockouts require you to drop the subframe and I wasn't confident in my own abilities to do it on my own.

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
The Vertical Links in the rear are simple. I don't do my own wrenching most of the time but I was able the get them done really easy with a jack and stands. Just remember that the top bolts and bottom bolts have different torque values. I followed some install video on youtube and he said to torque all bolts to 120ish ft/lbs.. I did that on the top bolt and snapped it.

I watched a few videos on the lockouts and its a little tougher. I was going to to do it on my own but I was also going to have the dealership install the Magnaride Handling Package so I just had them do the lockouts at the same time. They charged me an additional $100 to pop them in when the car was apart. The lockouts require you to drop the subframe and I wasn't confident in my own abilities to do it on my own.

I am going to go by the table so I don't screw this install up hehe.😎
s550-suspension-torque-specs_455f978b.jpg

That is what I am thinking with the lockout kits install, I think I am going to do the vertical links install and just let the shop do the cradle lockout kit install.

I don't have a lift so I am already at a disadvantage with this install of the lockout kit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Great times with a really good mph! You’d be knocking on the door of 11’s with a better 60’ for sure.

If you decide to tackle your lockout kit, I can probably help you out. I live in Avalon near the track and have a lift in my garage.

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
Great times with a really good mph! You’d be knocking on the door of 11’s with a better 60’ for sure.

If you decide to tackle your lockout kit, I can probably help you out. I live in Avalon near the track and have a lift in my garage.

I appreciate that, I will let you know when ready.

I don't want to install any mods on the car till the E30 tune is done, plenty of time to take things easy. 😃

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
is that weight listed on 3.0 fast list including you? Just got mine weighed and it was 3840 with me at 155

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
is that weight listed on 3.0 fast list including you? Just got mine weighed and it was 3840 with me at 155

I just took the curb weight of the EB Mustang fastback from the net and added my weight to the number.

Mine is the base model with 3:15 gears.
Sponsored