OP

Nmmtime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2019 F350 limited, 1992 Mustang GT
That’s fine Jake_zx2 if ya think I’m full of bs. I got nothing to gain by lying. This would be why I don’t do this stuff. I’m just answering questions. I know how to measure I know how to research my stuff. I was a maintenance CWO in the Army and ran a shop for many many years before retirement. This is why I don’t do this forum stuff. For all of you who are getting a new Mach 1. Have fun with your car. I love mine so far. Thanks to you all for the nice words about my new car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That’s fine Jake_zx2 if ya think I’m full of bs. I got nothing to gain by lying. This would be why I don’t do this stuff. I’m just answering questions. I know how to measure I know how to research my stuff. I was a maintenance CWO in the Army and ran a shop for many many years before retirement. This is why I don’t do this forum stuff. For all of you who are getting a new Mach 1. Have fun with your car. I love mine so far. Thanks to you all for the nice words about my new car.
Please don’t run away yet. Jake can be a little harsh sometimes but we are generally a pretty decent group. There has been so much misinformation about the Mach 1 that I do not think any believes anything. It doesn’t matter. Your car is insanely beautiful. Just go out there, drive it like hell and don’t listen to any of us. Except me, of course. :like: :giggle:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not saying you’re lying, but you’re most likely misinformed

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Are you sure about that?
Order guide says 19” X 9.5” (F) 19” X 10” (R) Magnetic-painted Aluminum Wheel for 64S wheels which are the optional wheels that you have, with tyres 255/40 front and 275/40 rear.
I agree, you can see in your pics that the tires are 255 and 275 Pilot Sport 4S and not stretched. I also have 275 Pilot Sport 4S on 10" rims and the sidewall and profile is identical to those on the Mach 1. If the rims were 1" wider there would be considerable stretching of the sidewall.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I don’t do this forum stuff.
Lotta dickheads in this forum. Usually from ones that don't own S550's, or butthurt A10 owners.
Just post your stuff up on insta if you got.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Agreed, if anyone’s full of BS it’s not you...maybe someone else who has a whole lot of opinions and has yet to order a Mach!

Awesome car, love the color and wheels!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, you can say I’m full of bs all I want, but we can’t be sure until we see evidence of these camber plates that are exclusive to the HP, which OP doesn’t have

like, I appreciate him posting here and sharing info, but shared info is only beneficial when it’s accurate

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Your wheel sizes are etched on the inside barrel. Pull a front and a rear and look inside. A photo of each will clear this up quickly.

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I agree with Jake
If the wheels are what you say, they are identical to the PP2 , which if you look closely at a PP2, the fronts have the poke. Your fenders are standard Mustang fare, so without the poke, you don't have 10.5" wheels in the front. Remeasure and you'll see what we're saying. Other than that, nice Mach.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
He measured right. However nominal rim width (the advertised width) is measured between the bead seats. Bead seats are usually around 1/2" each side. So an 10.5" wheel will actually measure 11.5" if you are measuring the overall width.

So based on his correct measurement, he would have 9.5" and 10" I would say.

Last edited:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
He measured right. However nominal rim width (the advertised width) is measured between the bead seats. Bead seats are usually around 1/2" each side. So an 10.5" wheel will actually measure 11.5" if you are measuring the overall width.

So based on his correct measurement, he would have 9.5" and 10" I would say.
The guy that powder coated my Apex wheels made the same mistake. He measured outside edges vs bead seat to bead seat. Tried convincing me I had 19 x 20 wheels. I rolled over the wheel and there was the stamping 18 x 11. He was pretty quiet after that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I read through the entire thread.

I think it’s total and utter BS that Ford advertises the MACH 1 as having all goodies that people can build and buy - but those goodies aren’t available until Build 1, 2, or 3 OR what have you.

Why is that not CLEARLY outlined and transparent on the Ford Build site? Hell, if I wanted a total optioned out M1 based on what has been advertised, then it should be in the build tool, as advertised.

How many other people like the OP wanted a totally loaded out MACH 1 and aren’t getting what they thought was the order they placed? Sure this forum isn’t the grand picture of all MACH 1 sales or orders, but IMO, what the OP and the other M6G Memebr experienced, that’s a very deceptive practice by Ford.

@Nmmtime
Great looking MACH 1 and congrats on taking delivery. If it were me, and you wanted the handling pack plus the correct wheels - then I would ask your Salesman to call Ford Corp and get you the car built that YOU WANTED and swap them...

Also, don’t go jumping the forum ship yet - there’s lots of good folks on here and we share a lot of tech/info. You’re going to run into challenges on any online forum (or social media) - just use the BS dozer and continue on past the BS. Come back, chat and share more info about your M1.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
How many other people like the OP wanted a totally loaded out MACH 1 and aren’t getting what they thought was the order they placed?
The orders before January couldn't have the handling package, any dealer must have known that. Also HP cars production started only this month due to weather conditions and Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. These things weren't a secret. The customer being mislead in his order could've been by dealer's ignorance and/or not doing proper research of the options before ordering. I mean the order guide clearly says what the car has as standard - size of wheels, optional wheels and their size, lip spoiler (even the old order guide without Handling Package) and order confirmation should have these things too.

The car looks great as is :thumbsup:
Sponsored