Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
To the op.
Congrats on mach1
The trick to navigating a forum is not to take too much to heart. Just words.
If someone bothers you just block them. There is a lot more good than bad here.
I am possibly considering ordering a grey mach1 like yours. Seeing I just got my gt PP1 , I dunno if I should spend more.
I should have waited haha.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The orders before January couldn't have the handling package, any dealer must have known that. Also HP cars production started only this month due to weather conditions and Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. These things weren't a secret. The customer being mislead in his order could've been by dealer's ignorance and/or not doing proper research of the options before ordering. I mean the order guide clearly says what the car has as standard - size of wheels, optional wheels and their size, lip spoiler (even the old order guide without Handling Package) and order confirmation should have these things too.

The car looks great as is :thumbsup:
As always there are two sides of a coin. Yes, of course, Ford “should“ have done a better job. And yes, of course, the dealer and the salesmen “should” have known more about their product then the customer. OK, back to reality now. At the end of the day it is up to us, the consumer, to know exactly what we want. The information was out there. Confusing as shit, but it was out there. I feel for OP, really do, but........had he come on here before placing his order we would only be discussing how beautiful his new car is.

It’s easy to play the blame game. It’s harder to except the fact that you have to take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Especially when you’re buying a $60k car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
At the end of the day it is up to us, the consumer, to know exactly what we want.
No, at the end of the day it's up to the sales guy to make sure we get exactly what we want. Like getting a coffee at a drive through. If I order a double/double & I get a triple/triple is that my fault ? It ain't rocket science.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
No, at the end of the day it's up to the sales guy to make sure we get exactly what we want. Like getting a coffee at a drive through. If I order a double/double & I get a triple/triple is that my fault ? It ain't rocket science.
I understand the analogy but it’s not really the same thing. Of course the sales guy should have known but we all know better. I am a firm believer in personal responsibility. Do your homework, do your research, learn to ask the right questions. And then follow up. Members on here do it every day.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If I order a double/double & I get a triple/triple is that my fault ?
You get what you pay for. HP is optional and additional 3500$, that's rather hard to miss. I found several articles from 2020-10-21 mentioning this price of HP so it was known back then.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Lotta dickheads in this forum. Usually from ones that don't own S550's, or butthurt A10 owners.
Just post your stuff up on insta if you got.
Dont forget the butthurt manual owners that think its manual or nothing.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
You get what you pay for. HP is optional and additional 3500$, that's rather hard to miss. I found several articles from 2020-10-21 mentioning this price of HP so it was known back then.
Not sure how much OP paid for his car but would the HP add $3500 to the MSRP ?
Or would some of the options on the car now be included ?
Attached is the window sticker of the car at my dealer ship looks identical to OP ‘s car and is 60K.

5BACDBDD-41AC-4DDE-AB2B-FD6CA4340C5F.png

4B2E68E5-301F-4F67-A71B-59859CE402AD.png

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It should add to the price you pay, but I'm not sure if it's listed in the sticker, in another thread there were some people who didn't have it there either. Someone who ordered HP would have to confirm.

MSRP for Mach 1 Premium with Elite Package, Appearance package, Recaros, Nav and optional wheels is 60390$ according to build&price. Then 3500$ for HP on top of that. Optional Magnetic painted wheels for 395$ would be dead giveaway it doesn't have HP, that combination surely isn't possible.

Anyway, I think that's way off-topic already. I hope OP will be happy with the car regardless of HP, hopefully the additional parts won't cost much more than the HP itself.

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to get off topic but here is the 2021 mustang digital brochure for more info. What’s with the anti matter blue Mach 1?

https://www.ford.com/services/asset...-5994-a965-0e0a1d8f-fcbdad95&postalCode=46403
Man, I REALLY hope that’s a preview for 2022! But I hope for 2022, we get more open stripe and interior color options, because that color with red stripes and interior would he

That brochure is all sorts of wrong lol. EB HPP does not get 6 piston calipers or the optional 5 spoke 9X9.5 rear wheels. Seems like Ford has really become disorganized with the Mustang now :/
It’s because they’re too focused on the “new Coke” Mustang. It’s exactly as I said... they’re gonna Start abandoning the REAL Mustang and then when it stops selling well, they’re going to say that customers just want the “new Mustang” more than they want the REAL Mustang and discontinue the real one. IMO it’s inevitable at this point, and this lack of focus on the Mustang shows that

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a second, something else I noticed in that brochure... it says Fighter Jet Gray is available on the GT500, but wasn’t that supposed to be a Mach 1 exclusive color for the Mustang lineup?
Sponsored